Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chemical Attack on the UK

• 24-03-2009 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

and here is the article
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090324/tuk-chemical-attack-on-uk-more-realistic-45dbed5.html

An attack on Britain involving chemical or nuclear weapons is now "more realistic", the Government has warned

Why are we seeing this terror crap being shuved up in our face
    the above article is on the main yahoo page

to add more just below athere is another terror fear mongering

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090324/tuk-smith-unveils-anti-terror-strategy-dba1618.html
    "I don't think tackling terrorism is something we can solely depend on the police and our security and intelligence agencies to do - brilliant though they are," she said "I think we need to enlist the widest range of people to do that."

Why with the new saviour and God to some Obama during theese worst economic crises in decades the main news are telling me about something which is possible a cow falling from the plane is possible but why should we give a rats arse about terrorism

terrorstorm endgame and obama deception films should have laid to rest such things as being at the fore front of the worlds problems

OBAMA IS IN AS I SEE IT BUT THE UK IS STILL SPINNING THIS TERROR CRAP

RED ALERT RED ALERT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

To keep CT discussion forums ticking over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

balkanac wrote: »
    and here is the article
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090324/tuk-chemical-attack-on-uk-more-realistic-45dbed5.html

An attack on Britain involving chemical or nuclear weapons is now "more realistic", the Government has warned

Why are we seeing this terror crap being shuved up in our face
    the above article is on the main yahoo page

to add more just below athere is another terror fear mongering

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090324/tuk-smith-unveils-anti-terror-strategy-dba1618.html
    "I don't think tackling terrorism is something we can solely depend on the police and our security and intelligence agencies to do - brilliant though they are," she said "I think we need to enlist the widest range of people to do that."

Why with the new saviour and God to some Obama during theese worst economic crises in decades the main news are telling me about something which is possible a cow falling from the plane is possible but why should we give a rats arse about terrorism

terrorstorm endgame and obama deception films should have laid to rest such things as being at the fore front of the worlds problems

OBAMA IS IN AS I SEE IT BUT THE UK IS STILL SPINNING THIS TERROR CRAP

RED ALERT RED ALERT
    It's a news website. They'd get nobody reading it if it wasn't spectacular. It's not a conspiracy. It's marketing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

What a pile of rubbish. Was in the states a few weeks ago and going through Atlanta airport there was these constant warning about being on your guard as the city was on "Amber alert" for a terroist attack. The way the announcment was made would make you think the attack was imminent. It's no wonder the yanks are so worked up with gun's etc...the goverment has them in a constant state of fear. Looks like the UK is going about doing the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

OP, I could hardly understand a word of that.

Here is some punctuation that you are welcome to borrow at any time;

.......,,,,,,,,,,,;;;::

And don't forget the space bar!

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

meep wrote: »
    OP, I could hardly understand a word of that.

Here is some punctuation that you are welcome to borrow at any time;

.......,,,,,,,,,,,;;;::

And don't forget the space bar!

P

meep, please read the charter.
    6th wrote: »
    Welcome to the Conspiracy Theories forum.
    • Text Speak etc
    Text speak can make posts very difficult to follow. For the ease of all those that use the forum please use your full keyboard. Also please note that english may not be everyones first language. Correcting someone on their grammar/spelling is unnessecery. If you have a problem with a post please report it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

6th wrote: »
    meep, please read the charter.

Fair enough. Apologies all round. (though I do find it funny that the charter itself dealing with this issue has grammatical and spelling errors!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 empty_vessal

It’s all down to political spin and the art of misdirection. Governments do it every now and again to keep other stories off the headlines, could be something that has happened or an imminent announcement such as some fat cat refusing to return a massive bonus largely funded by the British taxpayer. Either way it keeps people thinking about the hypothetical and detracts attention from the more tangible news stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 balkanac

i think david icke once talked about the CONTINIOUS STORY

terrorism over and over and over again every few months they come up with some alert in the uk or germany where they foiled a plot

and they keep repeating the stories over and over and over

i think yesterdays israeli army t-shirts killing women and children in gaza would have made a great story but NO

QUCIK SEND IN A TEERROR STORY
    i bet next week it will be chemicals to come in from Iran, obama is sending his olive branch to iran and they will not take his sweet offer what a great excuse to go in

this is chemical ali bull s over again same pre iraq stories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

meep wrote: »
    Fair enough. Apologies all round. (though I do find it funny that the charter itself dealing with this issue has grammatical and spelling errors!)

Seriously, are you going to discuss this or keep being a grammar nazi. Look, I didnt add an apostrophe or a question mark.... or an exclamation mark.

I hope the above puts you off ever coming here again.

Whats the proof of a motive here? Whats the point? I mean the scarmongering is obvious. Is it a smokescreen for something else?
    I had hoped that this state terror would be copped on to and reduced by now. Whos the terrorist? Why am I asking so many questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Does anyone feel this kind of sensationalist reporting might actually be putting ideas in terrorists heads? "Oh they are expecting a chemical attack now so we might as well do it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

DarkJager wrote: »
    Does anyone feel this kind of sensationalist reporting might actually be putting ideas in terrorists heads? "Oh they are expecting a chemical attack now so we might as well do it"

For one its not sensationalist reporting by the media. The Government are doing it and the media go into post 7/7 mode and spread hysteria like butter over warm toast.

Im actually starting to believe some of the hardcore CT'ers. Seriously, what is the motive for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The reason for this unnecessary scaremongering is that G20 is coming up in London next month.

What do you expect from the UK Home office that has already spent billions on surveillance.

They have already allocated an 8 million security budget for these Global elite fat cats to meet up and discuss the Global economic crises.

I would not recommend anyone to attend any G20 Riots/demonstrations as that is exactly what the authorities want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

For one its not sensationalist reporting by the media. The Government are doing it and the media go into post 7/7 mode and spread hysteria like butter over warm toast.

Im actually starting to believe some of the hardcore CT'ers. Seriously, what is the motive for this?
    Have you read the article though? It's not as scary as people are making it out to be. Terrorism is something that governments have to be weary about. So the UK government did up a report. It was finished and released to anyone who could be bothered reading it. I'd assume bugger all people actually read it and instead jumped to the conclusion that the UK government are scaremongering to keep the sheep guessing.

It's a sexier news story than "Report relesed, nothing we didn't already know!" The only part of the story that is actually interesting is the "Civil Challenge" bit at the bottom, that in theory could be a good idea, but in reality would no doubt turn into a case of McCarthyism. But then again, one person has only suggested it. Some will claim that this means it will be put into law, but that would be jumping the gun a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Can anyone answer why CTers in one instance the media reporting on something is to get us used to an idea. Say, reporting on CCTV, so we'll eventually just get used to it. Whereas something like this is to strike fear into us on a constant basis.

Different stories, but reported in the same way, yet people draw 2 seperate conclusions about them to suit their needs. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 empty_vessal

Can anyone answer why CTers in one instance the media reporting on something is to get us used to an idea. Say, reporting on CCTV, so we'll eventually just get used to it. Whereas something like this is to strike fear into us on a constant basis.

Different stories, but reported in the same way, yet people draw 2 seperate conclusions about them to suit their needs. Anyone?

Personally speaking, I guess it comes down to the banality of one versus the other!

Advertisement