Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Hooker

• 24-03-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Anyone know if theres any future plans to bottle Galway Hooker. Such a quality beer its a shame it cant be enjoyed at home from the bottle. The fact its Irish aswell it probably wouldnt cost an arm and leg for a 6 pack like some of the Ammerican IPA's.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Anoeta wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres any future plans to bottle Galway Hooker. Such a quality beer its a shame it cant be enjoyed at home from the bottle. The fact its Irish aswell it probably wouldnt cost an arm and leg for a 6 pack like some of the Ammerican IPA's.

The porter house are setting up a bottling plant and they are really happy to seem then doing well so I hope its only a matter of time before its available in bottles

Not been picky its a pale ale not IPA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

It is an Irish Pale Ale: IPA. :P

Acronyms a tricky things.

It is an Irish Pale Ale: IPA. :P

Acronyms a tricky things.

yea keep of getting that

Think of it as a bit like an APA (more Acronyms :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Anoeta

oblivious wrote: »
    yea keep of getting that

Think of it as a bit like an APA (more Acronyms :P)

It would be regarded s being of a similar style to an americian IPA though would it not?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It would be regarded s being of a similar style to an americian IPA though would it not?
    It's lighter than your typical American IPA, and less bitter than most.

• Advertisement

Good to know its been bottled!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The fact its Irish aswell it probably wouldnt cost an arm and leg for a 6 pack like some of the Ammerican IPA's.
    It doesn't work like that, unfortunately. The market rate for specialty beer means that it'll probably be retailing for something similar. Plus, of course, the factory-gate price of a beer made in Ireland is going to be way higher than the same beer made in the US. Bottled Irish craft beer of the past and present has tended not to cost significantly less than the imported alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

I heart the galway hooker, quality beer :)

BeerNut wrote: »
    It doesn't work like that, unfortunately. The market rate for specialty beer means that it'll probably be retailing for something similar. Plus, of course, the factory-gate price of a beer made in Ireland is going to be way higher than the same beer made in the US. Bottled Irish craft beer of the past and present has tended not to cost significantly less than the imported alternatives.

Yeh I never thought of that, O'Haras is nearly 3 euro a pop aswell I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Galway Hooker is quality stuff, and it would be one of my first choices in an off-licence if it were available in a bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

I dont know why the porter house starting to bottle beer will effect Galway Hooker as it is not owned by them. It is made here in Roscommon. But it would be great if it was available in bottles.

chahop wrote: »
    I dont know why the porter house starting to bottle beer will effect Galway Hooker as it is not owned by them.

Because the bottling line will have down time and it make economic scene to keep them active as much as possible. An the the porterhouse lads said they where committed to Irish craft beer and they do which to see hooker do well

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jspruit

I think that as Galway Hooker becomes more popular on draft, the bottling will become the next step in the process as long as Porterhouse is willing to help out. That's great news-drink local!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Galway Hooker has arrived into the Bank on College Green on tap FTR.

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Galway Hooker has arrived into the Bank on College Green on tap FTR.

Nice:)

Advertisement