Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of my Credit Card

Options
  • 24-03-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I'm woeful when it comes to money and I think i've pinpointed the problem down to my credit card. Its been sitting at the limit (5k) for about 2 years now, every month the charges are HUGE (300-400) and its just gone past a joke. I currently have about 7k of other debt which is about 200 a month and I think i'd prefer to add the cc onto this but I've heard stories of the bank not being ok with this . . . is this true? My problem is that once I've paid it off I end so broke that I end up just putting my food shopping and day to day expenses back on it and the cycle starts all over again. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cut the card; Get a loan to cover the card debt and other debts and consolidate them all into one. A credit union might be the most accommodating with this. then you know how much you need to repay per month/weekly etc.
    Credit cards are great, but you have to clear the balance on them every month for them to make sense. Good luck

Advertisement