Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Offers tomorrow thursday 25th

Options
  • 24-03-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all
    looking at the hand clamps & chisels on offer there tomorrow. are they OK. For the price prob can't go wrong but any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

i see there's 3 types.i have ones similar to the blue ones and they have a very tight grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Clamps would be ok, but to be honest I wouldnt bother with the chisels, the steel used in them is probably of pretty low quality and wouldnt hold an edge for very long! If they are just for the odd light job now and then I suppose they might be ok, but dont expect too much of them at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Clamps would be ok, but to be honest I wouldnt bother with the chisels, the steel used in them is probably of pretty low quality and wouldnt hold an edge for very long! If they are just for the odd light job now and then I suppose they might be ok, but dont expect too much of them at that price.

Or possibly they sell odd things like that on the cheapo to get people into the store where they will impulse buy some other goods that are not heavily discounted? Tesco do it with clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭vestanpance

davgtrek wrote: »
    Hi all
    looking at the hand clamps & chisels on offer there tomorrow. are they OK. For the price prob can't go wrong but any feedback appreciated.

Thanks

Tomorrow's Wednesday, hope that saves you a wasted trip.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

have the chisels, they are rubbish, tips don't last at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

Thanks mossym. I'll give that one a skip so.
    I suppose 1 or 2 decent chisels would do in most cases rather than having 7 or 8 crappy ones.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yup, get a pretty narrow one and then a wider one(not the very big one). even from the pack i got from them i ended up only using two of the sizes. i bought two similar sizes in a better quality chisel and they have been miles better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

Yeah the chisels are proberly useless but I bought the head clamps there a few months ago, I got 4 of the smaller ones and I use them all the time. Their quite good for the money and very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

I ment hand clamps I have no use for head clamps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭davgtrek

sounds good all . thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I got these -
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090326.p.PowerfixClampSet

One broke (the clamping gear mechanism, a pin will not stay in the plasticv hole for it, badly made), but the rest in the set are ok.
    I'd say give them a good visual check instore prior to purchasing.

Advertisement