Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dosing

• 24-03-2009 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

I plan to put my suckler herd to grass this weekend after 5 months on slats.

Everyone seems to have different dosing routines... what are everybodies thoughts on Doses to administer to Calves / Yearlings / Cows

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

adne wrote: »
    I plan to put my suckler herd to grass this weekend after 5 months on slats.

Everyone seems to have different dosing routines... what are everybodies thoughts on Doses to administer to Calves / Yearlings / Cows

provided the calves are over 100 kg , id go with a bolus , does for the whole grazing season , same with the yearlings , the cows , well would you not have done them after they went into the shed , they only need dosing once a year , in fact , many dont dose cows at all , id recomend once a year myself though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why would you dose cattle coming out of the shed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭adne

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Why would you dose cattle coming out of the shed?

Black Leg in Calves is one example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

adne wrote: »
    Black Leg in Calves is one example
    black leg is a vaccination not a dose, where have you been:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

i never used the bolus--do they work..are they easy to administrator!

i personally will let stock out for a week or 2--then take them in..either use pour on or inject me cows!

then dose all calves for worms,etc...

and this year-will give them a shot/dose of growvite(heard good reports about it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭adne

leg wax wrote: »
    black leg is a vaccination not a dose, where have you been:D:D:D

Apologies Pedantic Leg Wax :rolleyes::rolleyes: .... By Dosing I mean all Veterinary products that can be administered to an Animal

Advertisement