Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the Time Right to Invade Britain?

• 24-03-2009 4:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Tempting, isn't it? Their armed forces are stretched, fighting on two fronts; their economy is in the crapper; and we've lulled them into thinking we're buddies, like Tim Allen and his over-the-fence neighbour in Home Improvement.

Harnessing the element of surprise, I believe we could arm the FCA with extra large hurleys, send them into London in a fleet of Fiat Puntos, and have a tri-colour flying over the House of Commons by teatime.

Once in control, I suggest we forcibly swap islands. Our 4 million people will have much more leg room on their la-di-da, fancy island. The Brits might be a little cramped over here on the teddy bear, but no more than in, say, China?

We then live peacefully on the big island for a year or two, until things blow over and the EU forgive us. Inevitably, Britain will rally themselves and launch an offensive to regain their island, but by that time we'll have long since invaded Belgium, hence ending our morbid association with these chilly, wind-swept, ocean-battered islands. We'll also have left a "surprise" for the Brits (a 50 square foot accumulation of turds on the lawn of Buckingham palace).

The Brits can then have their clunky rock back, and maybe use Ireland as a shed. Or give it to the displaced Belgians, who otherwise will probably be tortured for their chocolate-making secrets, and quietly driven into the sea while nobody's looking. WHO'S WITH ME?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

In Soviot Russia, Britain invade you....................

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭landcruiserfj62

i like "the brits", nice people...but yeah, why not do it for the craic?!

when exactly will this take place?

p.s, i may not be up for the whole Belgium bit tho, couldnt be arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I liek it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I think we'll all need a bit of Dutch Courage to pull this off...right every one to the pub, get a couple in ya and we'll all meet at roslare harbour in 4 hours.

4 Hours pass by...I'm standing in Roslare Harbour on my own with a feck load of hurleys and hurley helmets...

where is every1? Still in the pub

Actually can we invade somewhere with a better climate? Like Jamaica mon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I like your ideals and wish to subscribe to your newsletter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Maybe a good idea to invade/colonise little islands/countries on the perimetre of GB first of all. You know, before we tackle a superpower all by ourselves!!

Start at the Isle of Man maybe. Watch out for those manx cats though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Didn't we do this with Riverdance already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

Fizman wrote: »
    Maybe a good idea to invade/colonise little islands/countries on the perimetre of GB first of all. You know, before we tackle a superpower all by ourselves!!

Start at the Isle of Man maybe. Watch out for those manx cats though!
    I called Argentina, they asked me how far away from mainland Britain that is. I told them. They laughed at me and hung up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'm off to 'invade' some random Channel Island with a Thompson. Anybody wanna be my army?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 633 ✭✭✭dublinario

Some good suggestions. What's important is that we stick together. Unless it turns into an evenly-pitched battle. Then you guys are on your own. I've got so much to live for, and I don't want my head on a pike outside Windsor Palace, with my quartered body in transit to the four corners of Britain as a warning to future uppity Paddys.

It's also important that we fight under the banner of God. I don't mean that lethargic, absentee Christian God. I mean one of those warmongering Greek Gods. Someone with a bit of muscle. Zeus? Poseidon? Zuel from Ghostbusters?

It will also be a great opportunity to establish a new caste system in New Ireland. May I suggest we oppress pygmies? And albinos are sufficiently different to be threatening too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

ooohhh, get you lot and your army of ninja hurlers. One bloody grand slam and you think you can conquer the world.

Well, i've got news for you. West Ham don't have a game on Saturday, their fans are looking for something to do.

I can see it now, a load of red haired pasty legged hockey stick wielding paddies versus a load of broken bottle wielding, Burberry wearing Chavs, it will be like a scene from the Warriors erupting in London :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

You clearly have never been to Belgium OP.

Since we are launching said attack from Rosslare why not just cut out the middle man and get Irish Ferries to France. They'll surrender while we are still in the Duty Free

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Didn't we do this with Riverdance already?

AnonoBoy, we went too far on that occasion. Too, too far. So much suffering. If I thought this proposed invasion would result in as much misery as the Riverdance thing, I honestly wouldn't want any part of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Total effective Strength of our Armed forces including RDF is about 13000 max.

They have around 5 times that number at least on the Island of Great Britain, and that's just the Army. Never mind saying the Navy, RAF, and Royal Marines.

We would fail gloriously. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Right. Let's head off & take 'em over siwft & proper like. Once we run their parlyment, we can pass the law of 'Prima Nochta'. If we can't kick the brits out of brittland, then we can breed them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Have we not already started with australia?

lest just bid our tiem and they'll cripple themselves... maybe we can do the aul switcheroo on em and replace all their jobs with our non jobs and we'll work for less and work longer hours and pay huge rent.. but we WONT pay tax not to the aul fart herself but to our new leaders blooding in the aboriginy tribes in australia and we can rename it Ourstralia...

They have around 5 times that number at least on the Island of Great Britain, and that's just the Army. Never mind saying the Navy, RAF, and Royal Marines.

But don't you see Minidazzler? We'd be martyrs. And a new generation of invaders would be radicalised and mobilised. Now, granted, their invasion (probably 20 years down the line) would fail just as spectacularly, if not more spectacularly. But it wouldn't be for nought, because they too would become martyrs, and radicalise another generation of invaders. That third generation would most likely fail in their invasion too, and become martyrs. We'd probably wrap it up then. The pattern would be undeniable. Better to have tried and failed though, eh?

Well with an attitude like that...we are better off leaving you at Roslare port

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Can we invade France instead? Never liked those guys.

'Sides,don't mean to be pesemistic but the SAS could propably beat all our armed forces singlehandedly.

Now the french,we have a much bigger chance of beating. They ALWAYS lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Better than failing ingloriously by doing nothing.

Wir mussen haben leibensraum!!

* marches off to Dublin Port wielding a spud gun & a stone of Kerr's Pink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Pick somewhere a bit warmer and I'm in

No point in going with this lazy attitude of picking whoevers cloesest

Hazys wrote: »
    Well with an attitude like that...we are better off leaving you at Roslare port

Judge him not, brave Hazys. Fighting is not for everybody, and we shall not leave him behind when we forge the nation of New Ireland. Granted, he will be given a menial job (e.g. de-ratting the sewers beneath my palace), but he will be a full citizen, with something approaching a countable vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Relevant

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/P/O/propaganda_shutmouth.jpg

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Can we invade France instead? Never liked those guys.

'Sides,don't mean to be pesemistic but the SAS could propably beat all our armed forces singlehandedly.

Now the french,we have a much bigger chance of beating. They ALWAYS lose.

There are 60million people in France. Their army has 134,000 personnel, their navy 55,000.

now where the **** are you going to put all those prisoners?

One thing to remember, any atack on Britain would mean the RAF bombing Irish infrastructure. The first things to go would be power stations and Leinster House.

This would result in the death of all ESB employees and all TDs......now then, where do I sign up;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Can we also bring our politicians with us? Please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Might want to leave scotland alone lads, we can be a bit mental up there. The romans couldnt do it. Actually, give me half an hour, il make some calls and get us all a lift from hollyhead to london, the lads will bring the shinty sticks aswell....

Might want to leave scotland alone lads, we can be a bit mental up there. The romans couldnt do it. Actually, give me half an hour, il make some calls and get us all a lift from hollyhead to london, the lads will bring the shinty sticks aswell....

No deal Ferrigan. This isn't "Braveheart". We have no intention of dividing the spoils with you kilt-wearing, haggis-gnawing, tartan-obsessed jocks. We'll give you a very simple choice: to hell or the highlands.

I hear skirts are all the rage in Wales these days. Now that the sheep have got used to the sound of a zip ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

dublinario wrote: »
    No deal Ferrigan. This isn't "Braveheart". We have no intention of dividing the spoils with you kilt-wearing, haggis-gnawing, tartan-obsessed jocks. We'll give you a very simple choice: to hell or the highlands.

Was "Braveheart" set in Scotland? Thought it reminded me of our history a wee bit.:-)

*heads for the hills with shinty stick in hand*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I can see it now, a load of red haired pasty legged hockey stick wielding paddies versus a load of broken bottle wielding, Burberry wearing Chavs, it will be like a scene from the Warriors erupting in London :D

Never in my life have I been so offended!

I have never, and I repeat never, wielded a hockey stick. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

There are 60million people in France. Their army has 134,000 personnel, their navy 55,000.

now where the **** are you going to put all those prisoners?

Who said anything about taking prisoners?

*evil cackle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

can we not invade somewhere with a nice bit of weather like the canary or the balearic islands?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

can we not invade somewhere with a nice bit of weather like the canary or the balearic islands?

**** that it's full of Dubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

When can we implement the programme?
    I see no flaws in the plan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What about all the Plastic Paddy collaborators? Remember they have access to the media and could use thier influence to lead resistance to the invaders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

no we do this like the Cylons did, take over their computer systems (because if they lose they ability to interweb they go crazy)

Then invade by the usual means, then call London "New Tipp"
    Then call the new union "United Kingdom of Ireland"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm in!!

When's the bus leaving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

We should invade the Island of Lesbos and teach those carpet munchers a lesson.

*shakes fist*

We might miss a good Mass though...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Can we make it look like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

RonMexico wrote: »
    *shakes fist*

We might miss a good Mass though...:pac:

Save the action for the enemy son.

Ah I love a good old Mass :pac::pac:

I reckon we need a cuppa or 2 before we go. Barrys tea can solve everything.

Can we make it look like this?

What about Northern Ireland? you lot have been banging on about it being yours for years, then the first chance you get, you drop it.

Gerry will be cross :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

*grabs hurley and sliotar*

Time for those bastards to pay!! FREEEEEEEEEDOM!!!

braveheart.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What about Northern Ireland? you lot have been banging on about it being yours for years, then the first chance you get, you drop it.
    We didn't really want it, we just don't like sharing.
    If we do get New Ireland by teatime, can i have a go at those fella's on Jersey? Why should they get away with being all snooty and islandlike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Gerry will be cross :P

It was all just a big trolljob, surely you knew that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Actually can we invade somewhere with a better climate? Like Jamaica mon.
    That sounds cool, chronic alcoholics and stoners

I don't think anybody has called any positions in New Ireland yet..

I begs Vice President

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I don't think anybody has called any positions in New Ireland yet..

I begs Vice President

Why not aim for President?

Think a good idea as well is leave Biffo & co behind

Saibh wrote: »
    Why not aim for President?

Think a good idea as well is leave Biffo & co behind

Remeber the last time we got indepence a cival war broke out, it could easily happen again and the president is too much of a target, its much safer being Vice President.

Maybe I should be Junior Vice President, its got a nicer ring to it also i think the ladies would dig the Junior Vice President over the Vice President

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Remeber the last time we got indepence a cival war broke out, it could easily happen again and the president is too much of a target, its much safer being Vice President.

Coward :P
    Maybe I should be Junior Vice President, its got a nicer ring to it also i think the ladies would dig the Junior Vice President over the Vice President

Pics required before you are appointed to any position in Government

• Advertisement
Advertisement