Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best split screen co-op games for 360

• 24-03-2009 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi All,

I know you have probably seen this before but just want your thoughts on the best shooters to play on the 360 with your mate. I just got Orange Box but obviously have to play it on my own and the flatmate is none too impressed that I have 5 games to get through without giving him a shot

So far we have played on split screen....

Halo 1-3
    GOW 1 and 2
    Left 4 Dead
    S

What others would you recommend?? I heard Perfect Dark Zero is good. Any others that are a must have for 2 player campaign?

Thanks in advance

C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

vegas 1 & 2 are quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 collie24

cheers man,,

How would you rate them in terms of Halo 3 or GOW?

C

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Earth Defence Force is also great stupid fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

collie24 wrote: »
    cheers man,,

How would you rate them in terms of Halo 3 or GOW?

C

Different types of games, but i'd put vegas 1 and 2 ahead of both for co-op play. Addicted to both and play them a lot with mates. Co-Op campaign is good fun, and the Terrorist Hunt mode is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Resident Evil 5 is great craic via split screen. Army of Two isn't bad either.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, some good answers there..

Think I'll try Vegas (presume it's more of a tactical FPS than Halo and GOW) and maybe Res Evil 5 in a few months (playing Left for Dead at the mo so would be a bit of a zombie overload)

Earth Defence Forces, is that the one with all the over sized aliens??? Might get that just so the flatmate can actually shoot something for a change lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Resident Evil 5 is great craic via split screen. Army of Two isn't bad either.

Second that. Good simple shooter.

Do you need to have played the other Res Evil Games to enjoy/play number 5??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bionic Commando - Rearmed, on the XBOX Arcade, is an awesome game. the normal game is good fun with a mate, the death matches are brilliant and the time trials are infuriatingly addictive. A definite recommendation from me.

thanks Mitch i've never heard of it but will be sure to check it out online

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Earth Defence Forces, is that the one with all the over sized aliens??? Might get that just so the flatmate can actually shoot something for a change lol

Yes it is, should be able t oget it cheap too if you can find it. I recommend the Vegas games. The single player is great in co-op but the terrorist hnt missions will last you ages and are great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Do you need to have played the other Res Evil Games to enjoy/play number 5??

Not really.

I played the first three back in the late 90's when they came out and by the time Res4 was released I'd forgotten the story and who half the supporting characters were.

If you have Call of Duty World at War there's a cool Nazi Zombies bonus level that becomes available after you complete the single player. That's pretty fun when playing with mate. A big telly helps though!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭muppeteer

Kane and Lynch, Dead men is decent in co-op. You can tell the story was well thought out with co-op in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

N+ is pretty good co-op. Its a 2D platformer. You can try it out on the pc here: http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/ but the Xbox version has different levels and pretty good multiplayer too.

Surprised Unreal Tournament 3 hasn't been mentioned by anyone. It's probably cos it didn't sell much at all but the co-op campaign is great craic! Me and a mate (both fans of the original Unreal Tournament) played through most of it last summer - it's A LOT of fun. The plot is garbage but the shooting gameplay and the OTT nature of the vehicles can't be beaten. :D

muppeteer wrote: »
    Kane and Lynch, Dead men is decent in co-op. You can tell the story was well thought out with co-op in mind.

Avoid at all costs. It's ****ing dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

The Lego games are always a bit of craic played Locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Avoid at all costs. It's ****ing dreadful.

There you go again with your K&L bashing! (it's not bad at all, not amazing, just not bad)

and to think, you like Earth Defence Force.... pure muckage

Each to their own i guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Retr0gamer has already provided the correct answer: Earth Defence Force. One of the very best xbox exclusives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Earth Defence Force.
    What a game!

A bit of advice I got from a sage on this very forum.
    Load the War Of The Worlds soundtrack onto the Xbox hardrive, and crank up the volume.

There's nothing quiet like listening to tht while blowing up 20 ft alien ants with a friend!:D

And if you have a PS2 the game that came out before EDF, Global Defence Force, is even better strangely enough. Usually it's the sequel improving on the game before it :)

As for Kane and Lynch. Garbage. How IO managed ti take the gameplay of Freedom Fighters (which was brilliant) and make it **** and soulless is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

There you go again with your K&L bashing! (it's not bad at all, not amazing, just not bad)

and to think, you like Earth Defence Force.... pure muckage

Each to their own i guess :)

Think you're going to be in the minority here. K&L is utter garbage, while EDF is great for a quick stupid blast (it never sets out to be about anything more than blowing sh1t up!)

Resi 5 is well worth a look, shouldn't really need to have much knowledge of the series to enjoy it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I'll also weigh my two cens in behind both Vegas games too.
    Great split screen fun.
    Especially Vegas 1 as there's nothing quiet like listening to 5 Tango's scream after you get a group with an incendary grenade!
    Sadly missing from the second game.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Earth Defence Force is also great stupid fun.

E.D.F!,,, E.D.F!

Forgot how much fun that game was, easily one if the best local co-op game I've ever played on any system.

Mad stingy with the achievement points if I recall though.

A-Trak wrote: »
    E.D.F!,,, E.D.F!

Forgot how much fun that game was, easily one if the best local co-op game I've ever played on any system.

Mad stingy with the achievement points if I recall though.

Yep definitely. Get all the weapons? There's guys on gamefaqs with 200 hours invested and they still don't have that and beating the campaign on the harder difficulty levels requires a lot of power levelling.

Advertisement