Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod-lounge.com is this place safe?

Options
  • 24-03-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Just came across a website called ipod-lounge which is sellling movies that you can download for good prices.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used them before.

I like the way they accept paypal. They also use SSL for when you are buying from them

I wonder if they are legit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

swingking wrote: »
    Just came across a website called ipod-lounge which is sellling movies that you can download for good prices.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used them before.

I like the way they accept paypal. They also use SSL for when you are buying from them

I wonder if they are legit

an ssl can be purchased for 20 dollars ,its very easy to obtain so its no real guarantee of honesty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Well i had never heard of them before, and a quick glance at their homepage reveals a number of basic spelling mistakes and no contact details or address etc so i would be wary of giving them financial details. Just MHO obviously..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I personally wouldn't buy from them for a couple of reasons:
    - http://www.domaintools.com/historic-thumbnails/?domain=ipod-lounge.com suggests that they were some sort of NASA fansite in January this year?
    - They're selling movies that you can download ... you wanna make sure the website is legit or you're just paying for illegal movies
    - I can't see any obvious contact details on the website?
    - too many basic and obvious spelling mistakes (look at how they spell newsletter in the bottom right)
    - It all just doesn't seem right to me

Also, SSL only means the connection between you and the website is secure. It doesn't verify the website as being trustworthy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

its clearly a con, anyone who knows anything know the movie industry restricts the hell out of downloadable movies, the site is 100% con

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

They're probably trying to ride on the coat tails of http://www.ilounge.com/ which is a more reputable iPod website and are hoping people will make this assocation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Their whois info is dodgy too. They registered through a company whose purpose is to hide your whois info

http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=ipod-lounge.com&prog_id=godaddy

Registrant:
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
    15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: IPOD-LOUNGE.COM
    Created on: 11-Jan-08
    Expires on: 11-Jan-10
    Last Updated on: 18-Dec-08

Administrative Contact:
    Private, Registration IPOD-LOUNGE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Technical Contact:
    Private, Registration IPOD-LOUNGE.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
    Domains by Proxy, Inc.
    DomainsByProxy.com
    United States
    (480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.ZENUTECH.COM
    NS2.ZENUTECH.COM
    NS3.ZENUTECH.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
    Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
    Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marmitch

I have actually used this site on several occassion and have got what I paid for every time. Great quality virus free ipod movie downloads. They look great on my new iPhone. I would recommend this site to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

marmitch wrote: »
    I have actually used this site on several occassion and have got what I paid for every time. Great quality virus free ipod movie downloads. They look great on my new iPhone. I would recommend this site to anyone.

You know I'd be inclined to believe you if it wasn't your first post ;)

Guarantee that if anyone checks the referral inlink from your first visit to this site it will be a google alert or search engine hit for your site. Yes YOUR site :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is dodgy, at best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement