Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless connetion for Xbox 360

• 24-03-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Got an xbox wireless connection for my xbox. Plugged it in and went through the procedure. It found my wireless router and connected to it but it wont download the update and so wont connect to xbox live.

My internet is eircom and works great with my laptop.

Can anyone help please????? (technilogicly retarded by the way so simplicity is required:D:D)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Type http://192.168.1.254/ into your browser on the laptop.

Go there, click firewall on the left, switch to low, save changes. Maybe restart the modem and XBox to make sure it went through. Worked for me with my XBox connected via ethernet to the modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

It works it works it works!
    God your some legend!!!!

I love boards!!!

Sure I'm class ^_^ No problem, all part of the service, enjoy your XBox Live :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

amacachi wrote: »
    Sure I'm class ^_^
    lol. So am I woo

seanybiker wrote: »
    lol. So am I woo

High 5? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Type http://192.168.1.254/ into your browser on the laptop.

Go there, click firewall on the left, switch to low, save changes. Maybe restart the modem and XBox to make sure it went through. Worked for me with my XBox connected via ethernet to the modem.

Haha! Sweet, lil bro was getting the exact same issue. It would pass all the tests except the update. Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Is there any issues with using the wireless adaptor if you don't have a laptop?

Was thinking of buying one as I want to put the Xbox in a different room.

Like the first guy, no technobabble please!

Are you only using the internet on the XBox? What internet provider are you on?

Are you only using the internet on the XBox? What internet provider are you on?

I'm with Eircom. Got broadband just to play online (don't even own a pc!) and just have the xbox hooked up with a network cable which works fine.

I may be corrected on this by someone more knowledgeable, but I think you'll have to get a WEP key. Get a mate round with a laptop, connect it to the modem with the ethernet cable, type the address I mentioned earlier. Click "Wireless" on the right and look for about 26 random characters for the "Encryption Key". Write it down and then enter it during set-up on the XBox.

• Advertisement

Grand.

I have the wireless key code. It came with the modem and I have a laptop from work I bring home sometimes.

I wasn't too sure how to hook the xbox up to it though.

You've answered the question. Thanks

Once ya have the wireless adapter it'll find the modem and ya just input the code so. :) If that doesn't work the first thing to do is check the firewall, but if it's working ok wired it should be grand wireless.

Advertisement