Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LCD TV + Blu RAy

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Thanks ... it's pretty pricey ... is there any recommendations for a similar size TV different brand , but just as good ... thats cheaper..

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

jackdaw wrote: »
    Thanks ... it's pretty pricey ... is there any recommendations for a similar size TV different brand , but just as good ... thats cheaper..

?
    How about the Samsung A656? It’s from Samsung’s 2008 range and it compares very favourably with Sony’s W4000 series.

You can buy it from Powercity for €999.99 with a free Samsung DVD player and you can find a review here.

Thanks ,,, but the sony 4400 series is pretty cheap now aswell ...

I'll see if it'll come down in the next few weeks...

...more confused then ever now ...

Thanks ,,, but the sony 4400 series is pretty cheap now aswell ...

I'll see if it'll come down in the next few weeks...

I thought you were looking for a lower priced, different brand to the Sony W5500, hence my recommendation of the Samsung? Are you simply looking for a cheaper priced Sony TV than the W5500?

• Advertisement

If i see a TV with similar specs to the W5500 .. then id like to investigate more ... ideally id like the 40W5500 ... what im complaining about is here in spain it's €1,500 ... on amazon it's about €1,000 ...

incidentally should i seek a 120hz TV as this is compatible with 24fps ?

incidentally should i seek a 120hz TV as this is compatible with 24fps ?

120Hz TVs have a motion compensation feature that enables video content to appear more fluid. For further information have a look at this and read this review to see how the feature fares in real world situations.

The Samsung TV's ... the series 5,6,7 etc ... is this features or age of the TV or both ?

is it worth the extra €€€ for the LED ?

The Samsung TV's ... the series 5,6,7 etc ... is this features or age of the TV or both ?

is it worth the extra €€€ for the LED ?

Th numbering scheme denotes the feature set, whereas the letter denotes the year e.g. A656 2008, B656 2009.

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the help ...

I today finally ordered the SAMSUNG LE37B651.

For a non LED it has excellent contrast + IQ.

Good upscaling , + a nice "onboard player" - it can play 1080P mkv movie files, i was going to get a popcorn player for this but now looks like
    i wont need it ...

I also got the Sony S550 BD player.

both are being delivered next Friday .

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think it has an MPEG4 DTT tuner aswell which might be handy.

Thanks all for the help ...

I today finally ordered the SAMSUNG LE37B651.

For a non LED it has excellent contrast + IQ.

Good upscaling , + a nice "onboard player" - it can play 1080P mkv movie files, i was going to get a popcorn player for this but now looks like
    i wont need it ...

I also got the Sony S550 BD player.

both are being delivered next Friday .

It's no problem at all. I'm glad to hear you bought both the TV and Blu-ray player. Let me know how you get on. ;)

Well back in the hunt ,,, the shop i was buying it from refused my custum cos I'm not Spanish ....

anyway ... I'll probably get the same models ...

anyone else who has a LEXXB65X series ??

let me know how it plays movie files ... I heard somewhere that it plays MKV but to only a certain bit rate ??

so i may get the popcorn media player after all ..

OK so i finally got the Samsung LE40B651 + the Panasonic DMP BD80 ...

TV is great ... when i paly a BD disc the sound is perfectly synced with the TV, but when i have the sound go to the receiver (KENWOOD KRF X9090D) its off a little ... the delay function fixes this ... but could this have anything to do
    with the audio from the BD player going out from coaxial ?

should i use bitstream out ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Yes JD its probably the best choice that you have at the moment.
    Also try looking at optical as an alternate?

>Sol

hmmm .. bitstream still doesn't remove the delay ?

strange ....

Advertisement