Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot log in!

Options
  • 24-03-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

When I try to log I am logged in for a second, then immediately logged back out again...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, been happening to me too. And thanking certain posts logs me out. And posting on certain threads logs me out (in particular, Humanities for some reason).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Happened to me today too, took me 4 or 5 attempts till I stayed logged in but I haven't been logged out since

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

happening to me since sun,
    seems if i am idle for more than a minute
    or so it logs me out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Darragh29 wrote: »
    When I try to log I am logged in for a second, then immediately logged back out again...

Not a smart ass question, but how are you posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Clearing my cookies solved my problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

1. Try clearing your internet browser cookies
    2. Try logging in and then out immediately and then in again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

I was fiddling around with some things yesterday and dropped a bunch of sessions sometime in the afternoon. If you're still having the problem today or were experiencing it before yesterday, try clearing cookies etc as mentioned above.

If this is a long term problem you've been experiencing, it's probably because you're surfing from work or college, and they have some sort of filtering/proxying going on that is mucking up session handling for you.

Counter to most advice given, if you're in that scenario, disabling cookies entirely may help somewhat, as it starts adding your session hash to each link you click, which means weird cookie policy and/or proxying/filtering shouldn't be (as much of) a problem.

Worth a shot.

PS: I've made some alterations to the front page and associated pages to add session information as it hasn't been included before to try and help cookieless navigation. The top menu though will cause you problems as it's a static menu. May be able to fix this with javascript at some point, but for now it won't work.

Advertisement