Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leonard Cohen

Options
  • 24-03-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I've been playing a few of his albums a lot of the songs remind me of others. I can't give any examples, I've a really bad memory. Anyone else notice this, I'll post what songs when/if I can remember them.

I'm your man reminds me of a nick cave song, at least I think it's nick cave could be wrong on that one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

I was listening to Suzanne recently and was shocked at how much REM ripped it off for Hope. Then I realised that they have actually credited him as a songwriter for it - so I calmed down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Monkey61 wrote: »
    I was listening to Suzanne recently and was shocked at how much REM ripped it off for Hope. Then I realised that they have actually credited him as a songwriter for it - so I calmed down a bit.

That was the biggest one I was thinking of.
    I would wonder how much it has been done, that song was a biggie but there's ones that are less similar but still too similar.

I would also wonder if it was really him that agreed to let people use bits of his song. I heard somewhere that the manager(or someone similar) ripped him off out of loads of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Orla K wrote: »
    I've been playing a few of his albums a lot of the songs remind me of others. I can't give any examples, I've a really bad memory. Anyone else notice this, I'll post what songs when/if I can remember them.

I'm your man reminds me of a nick cave song, at least I think it's nick cave could be wrong on that one.

Did you by any chance watch the documentry/tribute 'I'm your man' released in 2006. Nick Cave covered that song. The dvd can be bought on amazon.co.uk for £5.78 reduced from £19.99. I have the cd version of this documentry/tribute and the Nick Cave cover is absolutely brilliant.Going to buy the dvd now as well at that price, seen it in the cinema at the time and its very good indeed.

Advertisement