Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FM104

• 24-03-2009 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Is it just me or do FM104 seem change the tempo of the songs from fast to slow and so on throughout the song?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭More Music

Is it just me or do FM104 seem change the tempo of the songs from fast to slow and so on throughout the song?

FM104 still play most of their music from mini-disc. And yes, they have a slight pitch increase on the players.

However, they shouldn't be changing it while a song is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭MarkN

More Music wrote: »
    FM104 still play most of their music from mini-disc.

They don't.
    However, they shouldn't be changing it while a song is playing.

They don't.

Have they moved to their new studios yet?

No - Master Control going to be used when they do.

They've used a playout system for over a year at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

Pitching music faster is common on many big stations. Personally, I like it and think it gives an edge to the music. I don't think any station changes the speed of a song while it's playing though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭djsupreme

I'm not a major fan of pitching the music up. I think it sounds quite noticeable, and not in a good way. But that's just me. 104 consistently does well, so either the listeners like it too, or they don't notice it.

MarkN wrote: »
    No - Master Control going to be used when they do.

They've used a playout system for over a year at this stage.

I stand corrected. But they did use mini-disc upto then and it was pitch shifted.

What playout are they using, cos I know they ain't using RCS yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

FM104 still play most of their music from mini-disc.

But they did use mini-disc upto then and it was pitch shifted.

You might want to do a bit more research there MM. Mini disc's WERE NOT used to play out the majority of their music. The odd track maybe, but not all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lampydoo

From seeing the studio on City Channel at night it looks like they are using Myriad.

I stand corrected. But they did use mini-disc upto then and it was pitch shifted.

I didn't say they didn't pitch anything but they didn't use minidisc in the way you describe up until the playout system. The majority of the music, 99.9% of it, has always been played from Denon cart machines since they moved to Ballsbridge in 1997.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

BSI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Ever get the feeling MarkN is Mr. Mark Noble of The Jam fame on 104?!?

Never claimed not to be ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Ha, nice! Bet ya wished you knew who I was! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

MILF wrote: »
    Ha, nice! Bet ya wished you knew who I was! :p

Who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 jimmytwoflutes

I dont think 104 know who they are, seeing as they are just doing a copy and paste from live 95!

http://www.fm104.ie/utilities/content_page.aspx?id=1150

The views expressed in the comment section in no way reflect those of the Live 95FM. We take no responsibility for posts on this site. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

I dont think 104 know who they are, seeing as they are just doing a copy and paste from live 95!

http://www.fm104.ie/utilities/content_page.aspx?id=1150

The views expressed in the comment section in no way reflect those of the Live 95FM. We take no responsibility for posts on this site. :confused:

There must be a boards reader in 104, it was changed at about 7 a.m. this morning....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

2fivers wrote: »
    There must be a boards reader in 104, it was changed at about 7 a.m. this morning....:D

Alright Mark!

/waves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

yes,sometimes they do like yesterday poker face was played at a faster speed but to be honest it can make the song better sometimes:rolleyes:

Advertisement