Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda joining requirements

• 24-03-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all,
    Well I think I'm in the right place and was curious as to whether someone could help!
    Its been a lifelong dream of mine to join the guards but having a love of children and being so young la dee da usual scenario I went down the path of montessori teaching. I have now learnt that this type of career would only suit me if I were a bit older and had the resourses to open my own premises,be my own boss. One day,maybe! So here's the thing that is maybe rightfully/wrongfully stopping me from fulfilling my dream. I am almost 21, however when I was just 17 I stupidly (yeah yeah you dont need to remind me in ye're answers!!) drove my car home while drunk and yes you guessed it,got pulled and was given a year off the road,serving half. What I wish to know is; are my chances of joining the guards now totally by the way-side or what??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

From what I know, it doesn't block you from getting in as long as you can explain yourself in the interview as to why you did it and that it was stupid and you've learned from your mistake! As long as you have that is...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

OP,

Im gonna lock this thread for now until I can clarify something. Will let you know later

TheNog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement