Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have to constantly refresh

Options
  • 24-03-2009 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have Eircom 3mb broadband, using a Netgear router.

These days, for webpages to load I have to refresh a few times before they appear.

Say if I go to rte.ie, it says loading for a few seconds, wait another while, nothing happens. Then F5 and it appears straight away.

If I ping rte.ie I get pingtimes of around 70-80ms which seems ok. The wireless connection is connected all the time and I've checked the logs on the router and everything is fine.

Also ran a spybot scan and everything is fine there.

Edit: even to post this, when I clicked submit I got Error 404. Clicked refresh and it worked fine!
    Any ideas?? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

What browser are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

cpu-dude wrote: »
    What browser are you using?

Firefox but the same thing is happening with IE8 aswell..

What security software do you have installed and running? Have you tried this in Safe Mode?

What security software do you have installed and running? Have you tried this in Safe Mode?

I'm just using windows firewall and NOD32.

Haven't tried it in safe mode.

It's been running fine for weeks and I haven't changed anything.

Used NOD32 a few years back myself, a right pain because it scans everything before it's displayed - it may have got new updates, disable it temporarily and see if that makes a difference, I reckon it will.

• Advertisement

Used NOD32 a few years back myself, a right pain because it scans everything before it's displayed - it may have got new updates, disable it temporarily and see if that makes a difference, I reckon it will.

Worked a trick...thanks a mill!!

Just looked at the NOD logs and the program modules were updated about 2 weeks ago..which is when the problem started problem.

Should I just wait for the next update or just buy new av s/w?

jamieh wrote: »
    Worked a trick...thanks a mill!!

Just looked at the NOD logs and the program modules were updated about 2 weeks ago..which is when the problem started problem.

Should I just wait for the next update or just buy new av s/w?
    Well it's up to you really, maybe you should just disable the new modules or only have your virus definitions update instead of the software itself to prevent this from happening in the future but while keeping it up to date where it matters.

Advertisement