Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to know you....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol, it's not quite that simple, as you know! :p

Any of us could do it, but for example I'm not around much during the day, so if there was any hassle I wouldn't be responding to it very quickly ...

Anyway, I don't think a wee break is any harm. Think about it ... at 3 days per person, you're going to get through the (willing) regulars fairly quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Should write a script to do it. Give it a list of names and leave it continuously running, locking the old thread and starting a new thread every 3 days :)

Is that possible? If so, solid idea. But a mod would still have be on hand in order to stamp out any insulting questions (a problem that has occured already).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I am ashamed to think that people on these boards are that petty, although i got told off for "insulting" theydyal once but it was a joke and she knew it too

Ah, you'll always have a few trolls on a site the size of Boards, dude ... it wouldn't be the regulars, like.

And yes, even among decent posters misunderstandings can happen, people can get a bit heated, someone's sense of humour may not translate, I sometimes forget to close my fly ... oops! :o

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that people are human!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah, you'll always have a few trolls on a site the size of Boards, dude ... it wouldn't be the regulars, like.

And yes, even among decent posters misunderstandings can happen, people can get a bit heated, someone's sense of humour may not translate, I sometimes forget to close my fly ... oops! :o

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that people are human!

It's not even a case of misinterpretation though. Specifically in 6th's and Thaed's threads, there were questions that were asked that were quite clearly asked in order to insult them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's not even a case of misinterpretation though. Specifically in 6th's and Thaed's threads, there were questions that were asked that were quite clearly asked in order to insult them.

Yup that happened, and I have to say it is one of the few things I come accross on boards that actually made me angry.

People who do this give up a bit of their free time to do something fun and interesting for other people. All some people seem to care about is getting a dig in, and tbh I find it extremely childish.

... anyway yeah I agree with Randy, I don't want it running constantly.

On a lighter note, I will revive the motivational posters on sunday night. :)

For a couple of weeks, anyway!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I was including those under the trolls. As far as I can remember, anyway, none of that came from Noc regulars?

I was including those under the trolls. As far as I can remember, anyway, none of that came from Noc regulars?

You're right, it was always just people sniping for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I miss this :)

Can we has more in a few weeks? :D

Alicat wrote: »
    I miss this :)

Can we has more in a few weeks? :D

Nerin permitting, I'd take it right now. :)

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    Nerin permitting, I'd take it right now. :)

Somebody get Nerin on the phone pronto! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Somebody get Nerin on the phone pronto! :p
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Good to have it back.
    I'll toss my hat in while Im here. Im sure the waiting list is very long though.
    Maybe allow them a week in the Noclight? I remember missing out on certain posters' stay almost entirely when I was away for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Good to have it back.
    I'll toss my hat in while Im here. Im sure the waiting list is very long though.
    Maybe allow them a week in the Noclight? I remember missing out on certain posters' stay almost entirely when I was away for a bit

yeah and coz of a beers i missed a couple of questions at the end of my stint in the noclight so extending the time would be a good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I shall put myself forward for this.

Koth's abroad so I am asking cyberwolf next. Will check if he is available.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ready as I'm going to be.

Cool. I'll start the tread when I close my one off, which I'll do when I'm done with my little field trip with the fighting game forum today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Just have someone warn me when it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I have no idea whats going on but im in.
    Dont like being left out

• Advertisement

Three days, all nocs may question the one in the noclight.

So who's next? :)

So who's next? :)
    That's what I was wondering.

Sorry guys I have been uber busy, and most of the other mods are away.

I will pm Randy and see if he'll keep an eye on this and see if we can get it running again.

SDooM wrote: »
    and most of the other mods are away.

ORLY?

*Plants da bomb*

ORLY?

*Plants da bomb*
    No bombs please.
    *Defuses bomb*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

ORLY?

*Plants da bomb*

Brain dead here thought you were planting a bomb at Orly airport. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes even I go 'D'oh' at me.:rolleyes::o

No bombs please.
    *Defuses bomb*

But but... the bomb is full of CANDY!!!
    20343.jpg

But but... the bomb is full of CANDY!!!
    20343.jpg
    Why didn't you say so?
    *Tosses grenade at bomb*

• Advertisement

Why didn't you say so?
    *Tosses grenade at bomb*

You destroyed all the candy :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement