Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.2.0 iphone update

Options
  • 24-03-2009 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an iphone on 1.1.4 that I want to update to 2.2.0 then jailbreak & unlock. Do I have to update the phone to 2.2.0 via itunes first? Then I can jailbreak with Pwnage & unlock right? If so does anyone have a link to download the right 2.2.0 file? My itunes is prompting me to download 2.2.1 which i dont want to do as I know this will upgrade my baseband & leave me up sh1t creek basically.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Simply done, so easy you won't believe it actually.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1880

PS: Your Baseband can't be affected, it hasn't change with the 2G (as it's a hardware related loophole for the unlock).

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭moorele

Thanks for the link. I'm on a mac & so have a similar tutorial from iclarified. When I downloaded the 2.2.1 file I got a folder but i cant find the .ipsw file (the one with the box & the music note on it)...

Do I not have to update it first in itunes??

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭moorele

Ah i just realised the issue with not being able to open the file is because i downloaded it with safari which automatically unzips it!!

Advertisement