Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPs in Galway open weekends

Options
  • 24-03-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anybody knows a doctor's surgery that's open on Saturday or in the evenings?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cesarbart

Am...theres a doctor Fergal Colohan at the shopping centre but i think he moved just shortly ago btu theres a notice on the window, he does be open in the evenings and saturday alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Henrik_is_God

I know the surgery in Knocknacarra is opened during the evenings ......well it use to be anyway .

Above Cotter's shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Galgal5003

Cool, I'll check those out, thanks for the speedy replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

cesarbart wrote: »
    Am...theres a doctor Fergal Colohan at the shopping centre but i think he moved just shortly ago btu theres a notice on the window, he does be open in the evenings and saturday alright.

He's moved alright, but still in the shopping centre, now around the corner near the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

or try Westdoc if it's more of an emergency.
    They're in Liosban.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Galgal5003

Thanks, got an appointment for the doc in Knocknacarra (above Cotters) this eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Whers the best place to find a GP clinic open at the weekend? Preferably in westside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Xiney wrote: »
    Unless things have changed Westdoc aren't interested in talking to you unless you're a registered patient of one of their member GPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Ah, well that's kind of sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems this kind of thread comes once a week, merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Anyone got a phonenumber for docs in Knocknacarra (weekend or weekday evening preferably)? My phonebook has gone on a walkabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

JustMary wrote: »
    He's moved alright, but still in the shopping centre, now around the corner near the bank.

Is this the Whitehall Medical Centre? Looking for a GP for tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ian C wrote: »
    Is this the Whitehall Medical Centre? Looking for a GP for tomorrow morning.

Nope: Whitehall is just outside the Eyre Square Centre, and I'm pretty sure not open Saturdays. Fergal whatsit is up in the Galway Shopping Centre on Headford Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

It seems Feargal's not open on Saturdays after all. Anybody else have any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 GalwayGirl1983

Galway city GPs dont usually open at weekends at all, all GPs havta provide an out of hours emergency service for their patients and the details of this are left on a recorded message when you ring the surgery out of hours. So who you would see in the evening/weekend depends on what co-op your own GP is a member of.
    A lot of Galway City GPs (and all county GPs) are covered by Westdoc (1850 365000) and some are covered by Citydoc. Westdoc covers from 6pm -8am during the week and all weekends. Even though they say its for emergencies they will see u for things like sore throats, MAP etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nm1

does anyone have a number for the doctor in knocknacarra (above cotters) that opens in the evenings

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement