Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish SFIV Tournaments - Where are they?

Options
  • 24-03-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hi all! I've been playing the SF games for some times now and I fancy myself to be a good player :p. Anyway, would any tournaments be happening around Ireland? I'd be very interested to see my level compared to other players. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

There has only been one tournament so far and that was at Gamecon a couple of weeks ago. www.gamecon.ie

Think the organiser of the lan Zekiel (Ken) and Jazzy (Blanka) where the final two and Jazzy won. I think it was their first time playing it. I would not imagine the standard was two high as a result. But both of them where reasonable Street Fighter 2 players.

Da Bounca a boards member organiser fighting game tournaments in the Xtreme Gaming Cafe on Liffey Street in Dublin and there was a friendly SF IV sparring session there about 2 weeks ago.

Keep an eye on that thread for more annoucements regrading SF IV tourneys.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055374144

I intend to host one at the next Midlans lan in Street Co. Westmeath which will probably be on in the next 2-3 months. www.midlans.net

I'm not aware of anyone else hosting one or anything happening online. There is not much of a competitive fighting scene in Ireland (or a scene in any particular computer genre in Ireland)

Anyway you play on The Xbox 360 or PSN?
    Whats your online nick?

If you looking so some decent Irish competition I can name a few

Cunny-Funt is a decent player of Third Strike (2DF) and SF IV (PSN) will also get SF IV on the PC
    Delatroy is probably the best Irish player I've seen. Plays Super Turbo on GGPO and 2DF.
    Neptune is a reasonable Zangief player in Super Turbo. Plays on GGPO. Will get SF IV when its released on the PC.
    I'm a reasonable Bison in Super Turbo (GGPO) and SF IV (PSN) will also get SF IV on PC.
    Blagdahlia is according to Neptune the best Irish player he has played. Played Bison in Super Turbo on GGPO and I think he plays SF IV on the Xbox 360.

Advertisement