Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Live - Blocked services

• 24-03-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I have an N95 on vodafone, with the vodafone live add on.
    I can understand why they block voip services like Fring etc over
    their network but has anyone else noticed being unable to upload images?

I cannot upload to flickr/ twitpic or any others on the vodafone live connection,
    which is pretty annoying (all work fine via wifi)
    Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Does anyone have a list of blocked services?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You should switch to the ISP add on of 1GB for €9.99 a month. I don't think anything is blocked there

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭shamalive

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You should switch to the ISP add on of 1GB for €9.99 a month. I don't think anything is blocked there

Is that just a promo price?

(looks like it according to vodafone.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

shamalive wrote: »

It was introduced at that price and has always been quoted as a promo price and that was last july or so. I think this is also restricted on some ports/apps :( and only the 5gb has full access

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

shamalive wrote: »

It's been around for a good while so I don't think so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Davy wrote: »
    I think this is also restricted on some ports/apps :( and only the 5gb has full access

Davy is correct

To use the 1GB Addon, Vodafone stipulate that you use the isp.vodafone.ie APN. The speeds on this are less than you get on the 5GB Addon which uses the hs.vodafone.ie APN. Typically 0.4Mbs vs' around 2Mbs. These are not quoted by Vodafone, but rather what is typically found "in the wild".

Otherwise on ISP I haven't found any restrictions that seem to be present on the Live Addon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

also unused data seems to be carried over not sure for how long but mine has been since last bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Kristok wrote: »
    also unused data seems to be carried over not sure for how long but mine has been since last bill.
    If you are on the 1GB addon, the most you can carry forward each month is 1GB so the maximum starting each month is 2GB

Advertisement