Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Show Is Something On

Options
  • 24-03-2009 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭

Check out the Air Show website is something happening.

http://www.salthillairshow.com/

Suddenly I am getting very excited:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Heard through the grapevine they have the Red Arrows secured for the Volvo Race, anyone hear anything as I could be wrong but if its true :D:D:D

WOW they are a brilliant display team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Aerohead wrote: »
    Heard through the grapevine they have the Red Arrows secured for the Volvo Race, anyone hear anything as I could be wrong but if its true :D:D:D

They were certainly trying to book them, hadn't heard it was 100% confirmed yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Any word when it would be confirmed? The 23rd has passed like...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Aerohead wrote: »

That should annoy GAAW!!! :P

If there's no protest against this for Volvo, it really means that those who normally protest against the air show will be shown up as a bunch of hypocrites. :rolleyes:

(that made a lot more sense in my head than when I read it back...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭lavaghball

there shouldn't be a problem if there is no military involvement from the US. Was that not what the GAAW had a problem with?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

lavaghball wrote: »
    there shouldn't be a problem if there is no military involvement from the US. Was that not what the GAAW had a problem with?

well that makes absolutely no sense! the red arrows form part of the RAF which of course is involved in several military actions, most prominently in Southern Iraq....so shouldnt they be equally as objectionable to the loony left in Galway?

there does seem to be moves afoot to get the Air Show off the ground again, God knows the local economy needs everything it can get at the moment....

The ocean race and the Red Arrows! Now that would be good! Hopefully we can get some nice weather to go along with it.

Also it would be a great boost to the local economy to have both events! It should p*ss off the GAAW as well which is an added bonus!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Fey! wrote: »
    That should annoy GAAW!!! :P

I soooo hope you're right!

But nothing about the actual airshow?.... the red arrows are cool, but i prefer the jets that let off the deafening roar :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

The Red Arrows are a display team, RAF trained piltos. Thats it, the red arrows have never so much as entered a warzone with the intention of causing any damage so the Galway Allianze Against War surely can't complain!

But ya I hope there is:D

Advertisement