Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs keep repeating - ipod touch

Options
  • 24-03-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

My ipod touch keeps repeating songs. I know they’re used to be some little arrows that fixed this that appeared at the top of the screen when you were playing songs (the now playing screen) but these have disappeared and I can’t find them anywhere.

It’s getting very annoying.

Any suggestions of how to get my shuffle/repeat arrows back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Here's a pic. The song track lengtha nd arrows either side have disappeared for me.

ipod-touch-play-song-controls.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

Touch the middle of the screen and it should show up. Touch the Repeat icon on the left till it's white, and things should go back to normal.

Cathy wrote: »
    Touch the middle of the screen and it should show up. Touch the Repeat icon on the left till it's white, and things should go back to normal.

Did this a a fair few times and nothing happened. It never appeared.

I ended up resetting it about 5 times and tapping the screen each time to get it back. After the 5th time one little tap and it appeared.

Not very impressed though! Maybe something others should watch out for too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

watna wrote: »
    Did this a a fair few times and nothing happened. It never appeared.

I ended up resetting it about 5 times and tapping the screen each time to get it back. After the 5th time one little tap and it appeared.

Not very impressed though! Maybe something others should watch out for too.

To be honest and i know i'm going to sound like a prick here and i don't mean to but that either sounds like it's a problem with the Touch or (don't mean to sound like a dick) your not entirely sure how to use the device. If you're sure you know what you're doing then it might be worth bringing it back to where you bought it and ask them to have a look at it cause it could be a fault. Again don't mean to be condescending, etc

amull87 wrote: »
    To be honest and i know i'm going to sound like a prick here and i don't mean to but that either sounds like it's a problem with the Touch or (don't mean to sound like a dick) your not entirely sure how to use the device. If you're sure you know what you're doing then it might be worth bringing it back to where you bought it and ask them to have a look at it cause it could be a fault. Again don't mean to be condescending, etc

That doesn't sound really sound condescending. It's a fair question. However, I do know what I'm doing. Hence why I said tapping the screen (which is what you do to make it reappear) would not bring it back until I had reset it a few times. I also looked up the manual and other forums and could not get the song length or arrows to appear with the manual instructions (which basically involved tapping the screen). After a few resets it just started working again.

I think it is a problem with the touch (which is why I said I was annoyed) and if it happens again I will be bringing it back to where I bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

That doesn't sound really sound condescending. It's a fair question. However, I do know what I'm doing. Hence why I said tapping the screen (which is what you do to make it reappear) would not bring it back until I had reset it a few times. I also looked up the manual and other forums and could not get the song length or arrows to appear with the manual instructions (which basically involved tapping the screen). After a few resets it just started working again.

I think it is a problem with the touch (which is why I said I was annoyed) and if it happens again I will be bringing it back to where I bought it.
    It wouldn't be hardware related, it's definately software. Do a backup and restore in iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,973 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I think it is a problem with the touch

It also happened to me on my iPhone 3G so its not just touch related. I don'[t know I fixed it it just stopped repeating one day.

Advertisement