Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband in johnstown, kilkenny very slow

Options
  • 24-03-2009 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hello, just wondering what has eircom told anyone else in this area about the slownest of their broadband, me myself have 3mb package but a month ago i ran a speedtest only to get a result of around 50-200kbs whereas i should be getting 3000kbs, i let it go for a few days but got totally pissed off with it so rang tech support, after hours on the phone to them i was eventually told that there is a problem with the network card in the Exchange in Johnstown and that its not able to cope with the demand for broadband and that major works to it was scheduled for sometime at the end of march...

As you can imagine im paying for 3mb connection and at the moment am only getting dial-up speeds.

So has anyone else noticed this and got on to eircom, what have they told???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

Did they say if it was March 2009 the work would be done??

I am in Johnstown on the 3mb package also and here are the stats i am getting at the moment...

437549463.png

I have been having this problem for a few months now with the connection being very-bad to not-so-bad depending on the time of the day, but i can vary quite a bit no matter what the time of day is.

Hopefully any work they do will sort the problem out( and the speed upgrade would be a bonus!)

I am getting sick of this now. Customer support is no

Well it is officially the end of March and here is a speed test result from a minute or so ago from my 3mb line...

440915188.png
    Good ol' eircom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

My pings crap aswell tonight ffs just when I went onto the ps3 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭WalkOn

yeah some thing is wrong I am using BT and connection to PSN doesnt exist as well as some irish sites

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same for me. I'm on BT and can't sign onto PSN.

• Advertisement

Well it looks as if i may have to eat some humble pie! I have been away for the past couple of days and as of today the speeds seem alot better here in Johnstown.

Check this out...
    442992929.png

Now to wait and see if we get the speed upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

NoelDoran wrote: »
    Hello, just wondering what has eircom told anyone else in this area about the slownest of their broadband, me myself have 3mb package but a month ago i ran a speedtest only to get a result of around 50-200kbs whereas i should be getting 3000kbs,
    444162549.pngthis is my 7mb supposedly. always goes very slow between 7pm to 12am approx and weekends.

i'm in the courtown harbour area. i can't play on xbox live in the evenings at all. i've rang customer service 3 times this week and they told me it's a problem with the exchange and they're working on the problem. they couldn't tell me when it would be fixed either. i'm getting speeds of over 6mb during the day.

445785888.png 2:55am 6 april

Advertisement