Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pork scratchings

• 24-03-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

does anyone know where i could buy pork scratchings in dublin or kildare area?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

As far as I'm aware you can't. Worth a trip up north? My ma always picks up a shít load of pork scratchings and nik naks (although I'm sure these are readily available now) when she's up there.

Probably better off, you can actually feel your arteries clogging up when you eat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

thx never thought about up north thats great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What exactly are they?

i dont know if i can wait till i nxt go up the north though i might just order them off ebay,was gonna give a go making them myself aswell.

there like crispy really crunchy salty pig skin/rind

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    What exactly are they?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_rind

They're lovely, althought I could see why some would not like them.

They're very chunky, very crunchy, very salty and VERY fatty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

myles79 wrote: »
    does anyone know where i could buy pork scratchings in dublin or kildare area?

my job gets them from elliots cash and carry just off wexford street in dublin. they are vile disgusting things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

they are wrong on so many levels but are too delicious for me to care. yum yum

made my own was out looking for a butcher tonight but they were all closed so i went into a polish food shop and they sold vac packed pork skin/lard for 2 euro ,i just scored it and salted it then baked it for about an hour at 200 let it cool and chopped it up.came out brilliant smoked up the house a bit but it was worth it better than any pork scratchings ive ever tasted out of a bag!

jesus christ you must really like pork scratchings!!!

• Advertisement

lol nah i just got it into my head and i had 2 do it.i was gonna try make jerky next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 peeka

brought some packs back from the uk ! they are addictive but you wouldnt want to eat too many at 700 calories a bag:eek: there a heart attack in a pack

btw why are they not on sale here ? are they banned or just not popular as in the uk?

there just not that popular here ,the thought maybe puts alot of ppl off along with the fat and occasional pig hair on them.

Advertisement