Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guano Apes Reunion

• 24-03-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I just spotted this on another site:
    The reunited German band GUANO APES has lined up the following dates so far:

Jun. 5-7 - D-Nürburgring - Rock am Ring
    Jun. 5-7 - D-Nürnberg - Rock Im Park
    Jun. 21 - A-Nickelsdorf - Nova Rock
    Jul. 11 - NL-Weert - Bospop
    Jul. 17 - PT-Gaia Oporto - Festival Marés Vivas
    Jul. 25 - CZ-Mala Skala - Benatska Noc Festival

GUANO APES was one of Germany's most successful bands both domestically and abroad for more than a decade. In 2000, the band won the MTV Award for "Best German Act" and went on to win countless other awards, including the Echo, the Viva Comet, the 1LIVE Krone and the IFPI award for over one million sales of the APES' debut, "Proud Like a God". All three of the band's studio albums attained gold status, while their singles landed regularly in the Top 10 of the German charts.

I don't think I'll be able to make any of the tour dates listed but I'm delighted they are touring again. Sandra Nasic's solo stuff seemed to be missing something to me and the other guys' band IO while not bad, isn't brilliant either. It's a bit like how neither Audioslave nor Chris Cornell's solo stuff is a patch on either Soundgarden or Rage Against The Machine.

They always seemed an oddly unknown band. The only people I've spoken to that had heard of them were either German or Polish :).

So, are there any other Guano Apes fans on here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cyber-Christ

Open Your Eyes is pretty class, heard it a few years back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Open Your Eyes is pretty class, heard it a few years back!
    You should definitely check out their other stuff. All of their albums are highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Cyber-Christ

Will do. I actually wasn't aware their singer was a woman 'till just recently!

I actually wasn't aware their singer was a woman 'till just recently!
    Really? When I heard them for the first time I picked up on that immediately. It's not like she sings like a guy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

They broke up?

• Advertisement

Undergod wrote: »
    They broke up?
    Yeah, they released a Best Of compilation and broke up in 2005. I assume that the lack of success of their respective solo careers made them realise that they would have been better off sticking together. I don't know if they're going to record more albums but the fact that they are touring is a good sign. Fingers crossed there will be some new material!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Someone's out of touch with the kids... :P

Advertisement