Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor gyms

Options
  • 24-03-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭

Didn't want to put this in fitness as it's North Dublin specific.

Does anyone know if there are good outdoor gyms in the North Dublin area, particularly Balbriggan (my fingers are crossed that there is one that has alluded me)?

There are good ones on the southside in a few parks, with monkey bars, dip bars, etc. They're free-standing and open for anyones use, very handy for anyone out running that wanted to do an extra work-out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Didn't want to put this in fitness as it's North Dublin specific.

Does anyone know if there are good outdoor gyms in the North Dublin area, particularly Balbriggan (my fingers are crossed that there is one that has alluded me)?

There are good ones on the southside in a few parks, with monkey bars, dip bars, etc. They're free-standing and open for anyones use, very handy for anyone out running that wanted to do an extra work-out.

On coast walk in clontarf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

sorry don't think there is one in Balbriggan or surrounding areas - not even many decent standard playgrounds, so the chances of getting some with fitness equipment is slim. Its a shame cos in Turkey where I live part of the year, most of the parks have an area with keep fit equipment, such as stationary bikes, arm bikes, pull up bars, swivel plates etc. They are great and always used by young and old. Having said that, in Turkey they are not subjected to vandalisim and the antics of late night cider drinkers so I doubt they would last long here :(

Advertisement