Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 24-03-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi ladies. I hope this is the right section. I'm asking you specifically what I should do with following predicament.

Here goes. It's my "friends" birthday coming up next week, well it's actually 4 of their birthdays. They plan on going out to club which isn't my preferred choice of venue. The thing is, there is another gig on that night in another town where I'm supposed to meet this guy I know. We both really like each other and it will be one of only a few times we can see each other. His opinion on the situation is to go with my gut, which is to go to the gig. When I mentioned going to the gig to my friends, they were shocked to hear that I would choose a guy over them. These are the sort of girls who would pretend to be your friend to know all your secrets, then bitch about you behind your back. Also, in the past, they have gone out and left me and a couple of others like loners on the night. One of them has spread a nasty and devastating rumour about me on Bebo. I would love to out with them to celebrate their birthdays, and also because I think we don't go out enough together. On the other hand, I know I would definitely have a better time out at the gig.
    I've already asked a couple of people what I should do, and they suggested I go out with the girls, then back to the gig. But when others did that, I thought it was a little lame and half-arsed, just to get everyone to like them.
    Please help as it's driving me nuts, I just don't know what to do. I have also considered staying in, to remain neutral in the situation.

Regards,
    *giggles*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Run this by me again, why exactly do you want to go out and celebrate with a bunch of girls who are two-faced and spread devastating rumours about you? Why are you still even friends with such people?

Just go to the gig and tell them you'll make it up to them another time if you really want to :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

bluewolf wrote: »
    Run this by me again, why exactly do you want to go out and celebrate with a bunch of girls who are two-faced and spread devastating rumours about you? Why are you still even friends with such people?

I agree :eek: you don't need "friends" like that in your life

Go to the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

my honest personal opinion. GIG, its what you know ya wanna do in your heart. and as you said you are gonna have a better time. as for 'friends'. o well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭small

No brainer.....gig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 *Sarah*

gig!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Eugh.. I hate girls like that; the fake ones that pretend to like you and chat to get all your info and gossip. Grrr! Lucky most of that sh1t stopped at about 17 for me when I copped on and stopped worrying about pleasing other people and fitting in with the clique. As for the rumours and such, we've all been there and it boils down to their petty jealousy and insecurities.

Hang out with the lad and have many lovely, happy nights out together. Far more fun than being with those immature, drama queen bitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

I agreed with the other ladies...I used to have friends like that. It came to a point where I was just being friends with them out of sheer laziness to stop hanging out because I knew the backlash I'd receive. I think you're so much better off without them, speaking from experience.

Ok so you miss a mediocre night out with so called best girlies ...but really do ya wanna miss out on a fun, messy night out with a hot boy and potential to met a nicer group of friends? Don't live with regrets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

if they were mates that were actually mates, then i'd say no no no no, don't go to the gig, forget the dude, suck it up and go to the crappy venue for the sake of your mates (and be thankful you get all 4 birthdays out of the way at the same time :pac:)...

but they dont seem so much like mates, as they do bitches you hang around with. feck them, i reckon, go to your gig, see your dude, and leave them to their pettiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Go to the gig and forget about those friends - for good - you don't need people like that in your life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

From a mans perspective: Go out with the girls, dont give the [EMAIL="b@tches"]b@tches[/EMAIL] anything to talk about. Fellas are cool he will understand. He would we worried that your pre occupied anyway.

Go out with the girls your mind will be more at peice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

how will her mind be at peace, when she has said they are bitches etc?!! surely they might just be gathering amo for next time?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Did a 14 year old stumble on to this forum?! What age are you? "Friends" like that are usually left behind when you grow up. Go to the gig and while you're at it get rid of those girls, why are you even friends with them if they're such bitches?

Honestly, sometimes people really baffle me! :rolleyes:

how will her mind be at peace, when she has said they are bitches etc?!! surely they might just be gathering amo for next time?!!!

i agree with you. If I am being honest I would tell the girl to tell her friends get stuffed but I dont believe she will do that, So the best thing is to go out with the girls. As a man I might be upset but I would understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

Gig! Those girls sound like no fun anyway. GIG!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

if they are actually friends then go to the birthdays.

if theyre not actually friends go to the gig.
    (& also think why youre wasting your time on them)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

if they were mates that were actually mates, then i'd say no no no no, don't go to the gig, forget the dude, suck it up and go to the crappy venue for the sake of your mates (and be thankful you get all 4 birthdays out of the way at the same time :pac:)...

Also, if they were mates that were actually mates they would tell you to go to the gig and not bitch about you not going to their birthdays. Real friends don't mind taking a back seat every now and again if it's something that's going to make you happy.

Go to the gig, I say.

From a mans perspective: Go out with the girls, dont give the [EMAIL="b@tches"]b@tches[/EMAIL] anything to talk about.

lol, they'll bitch anyway and gossip because she said she thought she wasn't going to go in the first place
    doesn't make a difference
    And honestly, from a man's perspective, you'd spend time with people who are that nasty and pretend to get along for the sake of it?? I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I got as far as here
    These are the sort of girls who would pretend to be your friend to know all your secrets, then bitch about you behind your back

Go to the gig.

lol, they'll bitch anyway and gossip because she said she thought she wasn't going to go in the first place
    doesn't make a difference
    And honestly, from a man's perspective, you'd spend time with people who are that nasty and pretend to get along for the sake of it?? I doubt it

Blue I think you have it in for me. I corrected this further down the thread. What I ment was a man will not mind if you go out with the girls. Read my replies further down

Blue I think you have it in for me. I corrected this further down the thread. What I ment was a man will not mind if you go out with the girls. Read my replies further down

Ah yeah a man won't mind - but you said the advice from a man's point of view which can be a bit different =)

(why would I have it in for you?)

• Advertisement

Ah yeah a man won't mind - but you said the advice from a man's point of view which can be a bit different =)

(why would I have it in for you?)

Was only joking I am not that serious

Was just pointing out I was pulled on that earlier and corrected myself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Go with the cute guy...forget about these so called 'friends'- the guy comes with better perks :D

Was only joking I am not that serious

Was just pointing out I was pulled on that earlier and corrected myself. :D

Ah, I was just starting to wonder if I was making a habit of picking on your posts without realising ;)

Advertisement