Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sure, it's a gimmick, but -

• 24-03-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

It's cool!

stereo.png

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I don't get what's so cool about it...
    The stereoscopic photograph (which never work with my eyes) or the actual subject itself (the radiohead bottle)...

Oh wait... there's something not quite right with the two photos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I mean the stereo.. I just like the 3d effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

I get it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Tool album ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Tallon wrote: »
    Tool album ftw

That was the only time i could see the 3d effect in stereoscopic pics and that was through those lenses. I guess i just cross my enough cross enough to get the effect without any lenses!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

im sorry, but what am i missing? Is it supposed to be a 3d effect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah, you have to focus in front of the picture until a third bottle appears between the two, then you concentrate on focusing on the new combined center image. Takes a bit of practice, but it's a good effect.
    If you put your head, say a foot away from the screen and then hold your index finger a few inches from your eyes and focus on the tip of your finger, you can see the combined image coming in... actually making the center image clear and being able to hold it can be tricky until you get used to it.
    Always makes my eyes feel a bit f*cked afterwards though. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Yeah, you have to focus in front of the picture until a third bottle appears between the two, then you concentrate on focusing on the new combined center image. Takes a bit of practice, but it's a good effect.
    If you put your head, say a foot away from the screen and then hold your index finger a few inches from your eyes and focus on the tip of your finger, you can see the combined image coming in... actually making the center image clear and being able to hold it can be tricky until you get used to it.
    Always makes my eyes feel a bit f*cked afterwards though. :(

Cheers for that. Unfortunately those kinda 3d tricks never ever seem to look on me.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Nothing jumping out at me. :(

If you look between the two images in let your eyes go out of focus, can you see the two images coming together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I can almost make it work, but it's hurting my head!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

dakar wrote: »
    I can almost make it work, but it's hurting my head!:eek:

Same here... I think my brain s not programmed well enough for that kinda of stuff or something :(

Try reading this, if you want help :) - http://www.3dexpo.com/crosseye.htm

PS - try shrinking the image in another window; it's easier to do with a smaller image.

Advertisement