Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruitpicking in Oz from September

Options
  • 24-03-2009 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi all,

I will be arriving in Australia in late August/ early September and I am looking to work for three months in an industry that will allow me to extend my one year holiday VISA for a second year. I know that fruitpicking and labouring are two options and I am looking at fruitpicking initially as I know that it is seasonal but takes place all year round in different parts of the country. I will be looking to work for the 3 months from early/mid September to early / mid December doing fruitpicking.

Has anyone got any advice on who to contact or any recommendations or advice on where to go/not to go. Any experiences or contacts would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Riverboat bungalow, if they are still going

up in Mildura, about 13hrs in a coach from Melbourne.
    Not far from Adelaide actually...

good craic up there and they have an Irish pub, O Malleys, got kicked out of there twice in the one night...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lizzyrock

Thanks x I dropped them an email it looks like they are still going so I will see what the story is there. An Irish bar brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭lizzyrock

Any other advice? It would be greatly appreciated.

Dar

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There's an Australia/New Zealand forum, you might get better advice there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 hanorac

I know someone who just managed 2 days fruitpicking, the lodgings were dark, no electricity and well grotty, she couldn't stick it and she's fairly desperate for work out there at the minute.

• Advertisement
Advertisement