Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Rag Week round Ireland Challenge thingy??

Options
  • 24-03-2009 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Word up peeps,

Hope someone can help me with the name and some info on this. Its the road challenge thing on for rag week where a team of four go round Ireland in a car for the weekend taking photos in specific places or with specific people and then each of these places or peeps are worth a certain amount of points. Team with most points at the end of the w/e wins. For example photo at Fr. Teds house is worth so many points, a photo at the giants causeway more.. I know it happen over the last few years, just wondering if its going ahead this year and where can I find info on it. Nothing on the ulents bebo or myspace or on the ULSU site.

Thanks,
    /T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

It's in the Rag Week edition of Pulse. Would love to do it, doubt I'd have the time though :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 stoneybuckets17

Cool, thanks man.. ah alas I'm afraid I won't have the time either.. sounds really cool tho, my brother is thinking about coming up and doing it.. trying to get info on it for him, anywhere online I'd find it??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Just be aware its not free to enter, you need to raise €250 or so just to be there at the start line!

ps. anyone know what its actually called.. I don't think "UL Rag Week round Ireland Challenge thingy" is right...

peace,
    /T

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It's the Great Race. Costs €500 to enter, you then get back €150 of that to use as expenses.

There doesn't appear to be anything online about it, which is a pity as while it's in the printed Rag guide, it'd be easier if I could just point you to it. The Rag guide says that it's on at the end of week 9 with a closing date of last Monday at 1pm. I did hear though that it's actually on at the end of Rag Week so while I may have misheard that, the easiest thing (or, well, not the easiest thing but the most accurate thing) would be to call into the SU reception and ask.

• Advertisement

ok cool thanks sceptre.. looks like the entry is over then, ah well c'est la vie I suppose..

Thanks for the help,
    /T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ULEnts

The Great race is still open, sponsorship cards are available from the SU they need to be returned by thursday at 5pm.

it starts on Friday at at 11am and finishes on Monday at 1pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Please find attached page 25 of the Rag Week special edition of Pulse with all info on the Great Race. Good luck! :)

Advertisement