Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders invading carlow?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Well, I know he doesn't so..
    how do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

aynon wrote: »
    how do you know?

Cos I know who you are. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

michael howley is doing a job in carlow with his new company or is it still going, that site would be all cork no matter what part of the country he works in,

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Cos I know who you are. ;)
    i actually can, as i have engineering credentials, so i can go in with have the right under the HSA regs.
    didnt know that did ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Back to the original topic.

In my book anyone living in carlow is from carlow even if they were born on the moon - likewise when I worked in Hertfordshire in the nineties, I considered myself a localperson as I lived in the locality.

With 500 builders salaries, some of it will go into the coffers of retailers, pubs, restaurants and leisure companies in the area, which leads to more job security for those people & possibly a few extra jobs there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

i agree there would be enough work in everyones general local area ,or nearest town to secure jobs in the construction industry,with the exception of places like dublin, and for example not have lads from carlow travelling to say naas and lads from naas heading to carlow to each do the same days work, whern you stand back and look at it , it would make you laugh the way big companies operate

i actually can, as i have engineering credentials, so i can go in with have the right under the HSA regs.

Try it there, should be funny to see how you're turned right back around again.
    darc wrote: »
    Back to the original topic.

In my book anyone living in carlow is from carlow even if they were born on the moon - likewise when I worked in Hertfordshire in the nineties, I considered myself a localperson as I lived in the locality.

With 500 builders salaries, some of it will go into the coffers of retailers, pubs, restaurants and leisure companies in the area, which leads to more job security for those people & possibly a few extra jobs there too.

I suppose you're right there yeah, all of these lads are still living in Carlow in apartments and the likes so they're leaving their money in Carlow.
    All the same though, would be nice to have the jobs for local workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

what are they building at pennys?

what are they building at pennys?

Renovating it aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Dont think anyone with any type of credentials can go onto a site if they are not inducted etc.
    The only people that can go onto a site without invitation but with permission is the HSA inspector or a Garda. You can stop the Garda but it would be unwise.
    Cant find anywhere where it states that anyone with any credentials can walk onto a site.
    Sorry bud. Correct me if I am wrong here please.

• Advertisement

well, any foreman, would see it wise to allowing a student of construction, entry to his site. also, you got to know the right people and get the right papers off them. being a part of the I.E.I. you get to know these people from different meetings and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Ah sure. But I think we were talking about getting onto a site without permission?
    Most foemen would allow a student with the proper insurance details from the college access onto a site and when pre-booked.
    I have had a case whereby we have allowed 20 students onto the site at the one time, but insurance was passed over and inductions were held, full PPE worn etc etc

not as part of college, just as myself, also being very good friends with the local head engineer helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

SV wrote: »
    I suppose you're right there yeah, all of these lads are still living in Carlow in apartments and the likes so they're leaving their money in Carlow.
    All the same though, would be nice to have the jobs for local workers.

I think that level of inflexibility from a town and it's people towards business in the town (ie we tell you who to hire) would be a disincentive to inward investment in the town.

newestUser wrote: »
    I think that level of inflexibility from a town and it's people towards business in the town (ie we tell you who to hire) would be a disincentive to inward investment in the town.
    hate to say it, but agree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

not as part of college, just as myself, also being very good friends with the local head engineer helps.

Enough talk... Go do it.
    If its that easy just go do it and prove your point.
    I'm sick of reading this off-topic BS!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

agreed , have asked for this to be kept on topic and its been constantly derailed.

time to lock this thread...

pm myself or Dan anyone who has issues with this and it can be reopened if deemed necessary.

the random waffle thread is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement