Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTP Upload

• 24-03-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I'm having problems with FTP upload. I've tried filezilla FTP, Cute FTP and smart FTP. I need to upload to stockphoto website but cannot. I've also tried windows explorer. I thought it might be my broadband connection and contacted eircom to no avail. They said it might be my firewall, so I switched it off and tried to upload to no avail. Can anyone help? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭xshayx

You getting any kind of error message?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carmelt

Yeah something about being behind a router.....but eircom assured me it wasn't a broadband problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

I was using core ftp myself today. It uploaded fine to dreamstime, but stockxpert wouldn't work, so you're not alone.

PS. Carmelt - I actually work in Eircom myself, and I can assure you it is not caused by us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,113 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

carmelt wrote: »
    Yeah something about being behind a router.....but eircom assured me it wasn't a broadband problem

I am not a windows person. Does windows have a firewall, and is that what you disabled, or did you disable the firewall in the router?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sasar

I don't use firewalls.
    There was a problem with dreamstime today - around 6 hour delay for photos to show up on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I've used WinSCP for years and never had any problems with it, worth a try...

http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

Open up a folder in windows explorer and drag and drop into WinSCP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carmelt

I downloaded core ftp and followed instructions but while trying to upload got an error message saying no file directory I must be doing something wrong. I have all the photos I want to upload in a folder on the desktop but they just won't upload for me. they go into the queue but that's as far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I use filezilla and only came across a similar problem once. The connection was timing out and it was actually down to a program my husband had running on the laptop. As soon as the program was closed down then it worked fine.

Advertisement