Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Talk 300

• 25-03-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone experience of this price plan and has it been positive/negative?
    Thinking about signing up for it.

Notice the free evening calls don't start until 8pm, thought it was usually 6pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Do you use your phone much during the day (before 8pm) or mostly after this time and at weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    the price of their handsets are far better value compared to the other networks.

How's that then? they're about the same as far as I've seen and the range is crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    How's that then? they're about the same as far as I've seen and the range is crap

The range of phones are terrible, and both times I've tried to upgrade there were no phones worth getting!

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Never said their range is great, you are right both vodafone and O2 range are better, but they charge alot more for the phones

EG Meteor N95 8gb on talk 300 50euro p/m is 99euro
    Vodafone N95 8gb on Perfect choice 200 49euro p/m is 329.99euro
    O2 N95 8gb Clear 350 50euro p/m is 229.00euro

You do the math :D

Sorry, for someone in the Mobile Phone industry you're wrong with your figures.

The N95GB on Talk 300 with Meteor is €179

http://phones.meteor.ie/phones/nokia_n95_8gb/#/in_all_phones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 markmywords

actually you can get it for 99euro mate but not in Meteor. So he is right!

actually you can get it for 99euro mate but not in Meteor. So he is right!

Who's right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

It appears the Blue_Wolf's posts have been removed by a moderator, so this thread has become quite confusing.

Meteor Talk 300, free calls and text to Meteor numbers, is a great plan if most of the people you contact via sms or call are also on Meteor.

I could say the same thing regarding Vodafone's version, Vodafone Perfect Choice, however, their fair use policy limits users to 5.5 hours of calls per day, so you can’t exactly “call your Vodafone friends and family as much as you want for free”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

so you can’t exactly “call your Vodafone friends and family as much as you want for free”.

5.5 hours should be enough, if you have a life.

ardmacha wrote: »
    5.5 hours should be enough, if you have a life.

Thank you for those wise words adrmacha, however, the point I am making is that Vodafone, yet again, are more restrictive than their competitors; it used to be just over 2 hours of calls per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Still unsure what to do, whats drawing me to this really is the free calls in evenings and weekends!

aster99 wrote: »
    Still unsure what to do, whats drawing me to this really is the free calls in evenings and weekends!

We could help you better with your decision if we knew what networks you call most, what times you generally makes most of your calls, whether you call landlines a lot etc.

I think really my calls vary, don't think i make calls at any particular time more than another. Wouldn't ring landlies much at all. Not really sure what networks i call the most, a mobile number these days could be any network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Go onto callcosts.ie and type in the info that you think is correct. ie roughly amount of minutes you spend on the phone, how many texts you send per week. Submit the info and it will bring up few different tariffs that have closest match to your needs. Different networks displayed. Might help you!

Have more or less decide to go with this price plan.

What phone would ye reccommend...not a great range
    http://phones.meteor.ie/phones

Have more or less decide to go with this price plan.

What phone would ye reccommend...not a great range
    http://phones.meteor.ie/phones

I'd recommend you have a read of this, so we can better assist, otherwise half a dozen handsets would be recommended to you. ;)

Ok thanks....

Well i'd only really use it for calls and texts. Never use the internet on it. Would like to have a radio. Not worried about camera either, never use it.
    And would want bluetooth so it would work with car kit

Ok thanks....

Well i'd only really use it for calls and texts. Never use the internet on it. Would like to have a radio. Not worried about camera either, never use it.
    And would want bluetooth so it would work with car kit

I thought your requirements would have slimmed down your choice but to be honest, if you’re not interested in an 8 megapixel camera, Wi-Fi, touchscreen etc, that that’s completely fine. You have a greater choice now too, so you can have your pick of the 20 handsets on the Meteor site, as they all meet your requirements. There are a good few handsets you can get for free too, so you don’t even need to spend any money.

Whats the Nokia E51 like...would anyone reccommend itfrom personal experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It's very good for the money. The camera on it is crap though and opera mobile (the symbain version of opera mini) doesn't work on it but you probably wouldn't be using that anyway

• Advertisement

I agree, the E51 is a very good handset. You also have the option of increasing the font size for SMS, so you won't have to struggle with either too small or too big sized text.

Advertisement