Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give us a hand here...

Options
  • 25-03-2009 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

You must all be sick to your back ****ing teeth of threads like this, but I have a definite direction, and i just want some opinions.

So hear me out.:D

I want to get myself a sniper.

Do I get

a) ASG M-14
    or
    b) Cybergun Swiss Arms Black Eagle M6?

Thanks in advance lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

M14, u can use it in an assault role if u don't like sniping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

i think the asg m14 is a bolt action, i could be wrong now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

seamus-2k7 wrote: »
    i think the asg m14 is a bolt action, i could be wrong now.

I think thats actually the AGM M21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

Ye thats the one.
    OP you should go for the m14 starting off over the other gun. Airsoft sniping isnt like the games or movies, get an aeg maybe with a scope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

i have an m14 and think it great for sniping.....and has the option of full auto if need!

one problem with it thought you need make sure its either fully on sinlge shot or fully on auto, if it in between the selector will break.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

why not get a full length m16...... very easy to work on/ do upgrades!!! i built a m4/sniper and its more accurate than my brothers m14 plus with the m16 there are WAY more accesories for them........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Ive head the ASG m14 is very bad quality so Id look into it If I were you. I was looking into getting one as well so thats how I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

I have the M6 and have found it to be almost able to keep up with a JG BAR 10 and for just E70 you cant go wrong for a first sniper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Why not try a D-Boys SPR like this one ??http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_29&products_id=100
    the real steel is used in a sniper role and theres also plenty of room for customisation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

I've been thinking about this for a while and doing a lot of research and I'de advise a JG HK416 - Long

As a starting weapon JG have a good reputation for being very solid and reliable guns for their class. The HK416 is also covered in rails so you'll have no problems attaching scopes, grips etc.

The reason Ide go for the long version is that the barrel is longer, appealing to the part that wants more accuracy and also the long version comes with a solid stock that holds the battery so you don't need an external battery pack. Oh and its 10 euros cheaper then the shorter version:confused:
    Its also just small enough that you could use it for CQB style games, abet with some awkwardness but at least it can do the both.
    The one I linked to is 160 Euro and is the "New Reinforced version with upgrade barrel, gears, and bushing", it comes with a hi cap mag, battery and charger so theres no worrys there.
    Buying it along with a pack of 6000 0.23 bbs (for 23 euro) including shipping comes in just under the 300 euro mark.

The gun: http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_31&products_id=254
    The BBs: http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=263

If you wanted more mags apperently the m16/m4 mags fit it and you can buy two for 15 euro:
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=32

or you can go nutty and buy 8 for 55euro (saves a fiver):
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=181

theres also some hi cap mags there if thats your thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

I have the M6 and have found it to be almost able to keep up with a JG BAR 10 and for just E70 you cant go wrong for a first sniper!

Hey,sorry to intrude on this thread,but can I ask where you got the m6 for E70 mini airsofter?,I've been loking for them but cant find them anywhere.Sorry again for the intrusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Hey,sorry to intrude on this thread,but can I ask where you got the m6 for E70 mini airsofter?,I've been loking for them but cant find them anywhere.Sorry again for the intrusion.

I'm afraid I can't name the retailer. The E70 I got it for was without the scope. Found it better quality in the end as I didn't like the scope it came with (bought a Strike 3-9x40 instead). I have the short version as I find it is more maneuverable. The long version seems to be a re-branded ASG Steyr SSG. I think Hobby Airsoft do a short M6 with a decent bi-pod and pretty crap scope for E100.

Advertisement