Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Sligo Jihad?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

From Google News-

Irish firm charged for selling parts to Iran
    Tuesday, 24 March 2009 23:36
    The US is to seek the extradition of three officials with a trading company in Co Sligo who have been charged with sending helicopter engines and other aircraft parts to Iran.

The 25-count indictment, which was opened today, charges Mac Aviation of Drumcliffe, Co Sligo and its officers of buying the components from US companies and sending them to Iran through other countries, including Malaysia.

A US Justice Department official said they were seeking the arrest of company owner Tom McGuinn, 72, his son Sean McGuinn, 40, who is the sales director, and commercial manager Sean Byrne.

AdvertisementThe indictment says the men violated US sanctions banning the export of military technologies to Iran.

They claim the men violated the sanctions by 'deceit, craft, trickery and dishonest means'.

If convicted of the charges, the defendants face up to 20 years in prison.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

God Bless America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cranmore

sorry mods, i just remembered that i got chaptised before for not including my own opinion..... :o

I personally think this is just a simple case of lads trying to make a couple quid out of circumnavigating some unjust laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 cranmore

God Bless America.

Team America: World Police!!!

:D

Advertisement