Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of steel tubing?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all, am building a buggy this summer, and rang my local builder providers, they told me a length (20ft) of standard 1" steel tubing, not galvanised or anything was going to be €32. Could this be right? It used to be about €8 a length last time i bought it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

Ring around different places, where are u based, I know a place that might new great price but depends where your based...

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Cheers, where you thinking of?
    Im in Cavan and Sligo, but could suit elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I paid €15 per 16fool length of 38mm steel tubing this week (Co.Meath). You're probably best to go to an engineering works and barter a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Cool, where in meath was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Near Enfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Butlers steel in ballaghaderreen roscommon is your best bet. The price of steel is starting to come down a bit aswell.

Advertisement