Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detour in place in Bunclody

Options
  • 25-03-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Anybody been through Bunclody recently. Is it just me or is detouring from Bunclody to Gorey to get to Wexford town nothing short of madness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

weeslip wrote: »
    Anybody been through Bunclody recently. Is it just me or is detouring from Bunclody to Gorey to get to Wexford town nothing short of madness?

I drove there on sunday, coming into Ballycarney i saw the diversion but cars were going through it so i rang my mate who's on the rd a lot and he said to go straight on. Then i took the diversion in clohamon. Once in Bunclody i had to head down Ryland rd, there was work at the firestation so i had to go on the footpath there but after that nothing, i went as far as the graveyard, i presume it was clear all the way to Clohamon! So all that diversions for a little over one side of thr rd being blocked off for 20-30m!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Theres no other way to do it! Theres no other way that will take hgv's. There is the way going down through clohamon and another way that locals would be familiar with.

The good news; The work will be finished on schedule

The bad news; Mill street in bunclody is closing on monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

HGV's are using the back road at Clohamon which has signs specificly saying no Hgv's. There will be a major hold up 1 of these days when 2 of them meet up there. I travel through Bunclody everyday to go through clohamon makes the journey only about 5 min longer. Stay off the road HGV's your gonna feck it up for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

how long is mill street closing for do you know?

From 20th April - 14th June, Irish street area will be closed and the plan is to close mill road after that, it changed again! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

I'm travelling down to Wexford from Carlow by car early tomorrow morning. Am I best to just head straight through Bunclody as normal (with a bit of a trip onto a footpath)? Thanks.

Daithi BC wrote: »
    I'm travelling down to Wexford from Carlow by car early tomorrow morning. Am I best to just head straight through Bunclody as normal (with a bit of a trip onto a footpath)? Thanks.

Just to point out it is illegal to drive on the footpath and it is also illegal to drive on any piece of road that has been granted a temporary closure order.

The contracters have passed car registration plates onto the gardai.

However theres probably no contractors working in the morning......

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

The road was completely blocked on Sunday, so there wasn't the option to drive on the footpath even if I'd wanted to! I took the route via Clohamon along with everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Daithi BC wrote: »
    The road was completely blocked on Sunday, so there wasn't the option to drive on the footpath even if I'd wanted to! I took the route via Clohamon along with everyone else.
    Can I go from Enniscorthy to carlow via Bunclody or is it still closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

was on the road today,completely blocked,just above the bank on the carlow side looks will be this way for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

according to the radio yesterday, the road is back open

wreckless wrote: »
    according to the radio yesterday, the road is back open
    • It is indeed as of Wednesday evening.

• Irish street/Kiltealy temporary road closure started on Thursday

• Construction of a new foul sewer in Carrickduff on N80/Carlow Road will start next Monday 27th April and will last for approx 2 to 3 weeks. As part of the traffic management for this section of the works temporary traffic lights will be in operation and single line traffic will be in place.

Advertisement