Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i entitled to my computer back in one piece after failure to fix the problem.

Options
  • 25-03-2009 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I spent 300 quid trying to fix my laptop but the same problem is happening.

They said they'd give me 200 of the 300euro back.
    But they don't want to put the old motherboard back (too much work for them).

Am i entitled to get my laptop back the way i brought it in to them- ie with the old motherboard INSIDE the laptop (and no worse than it was before)?

Appreciate any advice.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I take it that this is the ongoing problem? Would you mind including the links ot the other threads, to allow us to see what has happened so far? Last I heard, they replaced the CPU... this not fix it, I take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

the_syco wrote: »
    I take it that this is the ongoing problem? Would you mind including the links ot the other threads, to allow us to see what has happened so far? Last I heard, they replaced the CPU... this not fix it, I take it?

This is the original thread.
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055518503

Basically i gave them 300 quid for putting in a new heatsink, then motherboard, then processor and the same problem kept occurring- random shutdowns.
    They can never tell me WHY they did what they did, only hoping it'll work every time.

The latest is:
    After they put in the processor, i find the wifi is fcuked.

They then take another day to try and fix that, and tell me everything's fine again.
    Went back yesterday, i find we're back to random shutdowns- in front of their very eyes in the shop.
    I ask them why.
    They say they don't know.
    Absolute morons.

I've had enough now.
    I got a refund of 200 (of a maximum 300- the other 100 was a cleaning/heatsink that didn't fix the problem) and they agreed to put the old parts back.
    So basically i gave them 100 for wasting my time over the past 4 weeks.

I'm sure it won't be the end of the problem.

This crowd (dimension4) are the worst i've ever dealt with- mistake after mistake.

BTW, can anyone recommend me somewhere that knows exactly what they're doing?
    And that are transparent, not obtuse.

Advertisement