Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absu : Absu

• 25-03-2009 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

This album has been in heavy rotation on my ipod for the last few weeks and I thought I would try and introduce it to some of you guys.They are a black/thrash metal outfit from the States and they are pretty damn good IMO.Think Emperor crossed with Exodus (sort of,best description I can think of :pac: ) They are fast,heavy and different sounding (in a good way) to the vast majority of modern black metal.Any fans on here?If so,what are their earlier releases like,are they worth tracking down and how do they compare/hold up against the latest release.For those that dont know em here are a couple of tracks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Tara is their best release.

Since you are into black thrash metal, have you heard of Aura Noir? If not get their first album Black Thrash Attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Tara is their best release.

Since you are into black thrash metal, have you heard of Aura Noir? If not get their first album Black Thrash Attack.

Havnt heard of em but will check them out.Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

nedtheshed wrote: »
    This album has been in heavy rotation on my ipod for the last few weeks and I thought I would try and introduce it to some of you guys.They are a black/thrash metal outfit from the States and they are pretty damn good IMO.Think Emperor crossed with Exodus (sort of,best description I can think of ) They are fast,heavy and different sounding (in a good way) to the vast majority of modern black metal.Any fans on here?If so,what are their earlier releases like,are they worth tracking down and how do they compare/hold up against the latest release.

Thats sounds quite good but I don'nt think they can be compared to Emperor though, especially not the first two albums. The cover for the album album is fantastic and very fantasy based. I found their earlier releases as in The Sun of Tiphareth andThe Third Storm of Cythraul very hard to get into, and I ended up being quite dissapointed with them so brought them back to the shop. Although I was tempted to keep them because the covers were really awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Tara is an absolute cracker of an album. Haven't heard the new one yet though.

I'd also recommend Desaster, Gospel of the Horns and Destroyer 666 if you're getting into the black thrash thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Tara is an absolute cracker of an album. Haven't heard the new one yet though.

I'd also recommend Desaster, Gospel of the Horns and Destroyer 666 if you're getting into the black thrash thing.

Seconded. All three bands you mentioned are class. Too bad Gospel of the Horns called it quits:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement