Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fecking Fonts

Options
  • 25-03-2009 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

I know they are not working atm but can selecting them be disabled ?
    Posts and pms with the exposed code esp by those who are new to the interface and select each individual line is utterly head wrecking.
    I know it's small potatoes compared to data store erros but it's grinding my gears this morning, yeah maybe I need more coffee, but maybe there is something simple which can be done ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Could disable the WYSIWYG editor altogether, but that seems excessive, I assume it's a handy visual aid when used correctly. Which leaves the other option, figuring out how the WYSIWYG editor works and changing it.

Maybe at some point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I find a lot of the font tags appear when someone copy and pastes something from another website so even removing the WYSIWYG editor wouldn't work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Setting new users to the standard editor might help a bit with regards to copy and paste articles. If that's not already the case.

The full editor picks up everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

This should be fixed now.

The FONT tag is enabled but has no effect.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement