Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Game 2009 11's results

• 25-03-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Sunday 22nd March

Belfast Trojans 0-49 Univ Limerick Vikings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Was throughly impressed with the Vikings on Sunday especially their Defense. That pick returned for a TD was epic. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

West Dublin Rhinos 18-18 DCU Saints

Carrickfergus Knights 7-41 Dublin Rebels

Dublin Rebels 12
    UL Vikings 7

Carrickfergus Knights:19
    DCU Saints:6

Belfast Trojans: 22
    Cork Admirals: 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Sunday 19th April 2009 - 2pm

Dublin Rebels 32-14 Cork Admirals

CIT Stadium, Cork.

Univ Limerick Vikings @ DCU Saints*

ALSAA, Dublin Airport.

*Not played due to short notice unavailability of emergency medical cover.

West Dublin Rhinos 6-34 Carrickfergus Knights

Woodburn Road, Carricfergus
    Sunday 26th April 2009

Cork Admirals 36-0 West Dublin Rhinos

Castleknock College, Co. Dublin.

Univ Limerick Vikings 14-14 Dublin Rebels

Sportslink, Old Airport Road, Dublin.

Belfast Trojans 22-26 DCU Saints

ALSAA, Dublin Airport.

Sunday 10th May 2009 - 2pm

DCU Saints @ West Dublin Rhinos

Castleknock College, Co. Dublin.

Belfast Trojans @ Dublin Rebels

Sportslink, Old Airport Road, Dublin.

Carrickfergus Knights @ Cork Admirals

CIT Stadium, Cork.

• Advertisement

Sunday 10th May 2009 - 2pm

DCU Saints 22-14 West Dublin Rhinos

Belfast Trojans 6-47 Dublin Rebels

Carrickfergus Knights 19-18 Cork Admirals

Sunday 24th May 2009 - 2pm

Dublin Rebels 47-0 West Dublin Rhinos

Carrickfergus Knights 23-18 Belfast Trojans

Cork Admirals 6-9 Univ. Limerick Vikings

Rebels were v impressive, lot of speed on defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

They really need to do something to make the league more competitve. The Rebel's steam roll everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

They really need to do something to make the league more competitve. The Rebel's steam roll everyone.

The IAFL does lack advertising itself for sure but Other than forcing people to play what can they do. Its an expensive sport to play for the first time cost you at minimum €400 in your first season. The fact there is a recession on recruitment has been hard for a few teams this year. But The Rebels have built a fantastic organisation with a solid core and were able to reruit solid players from other teams in the off season. Hope they do well in that european competition be nice to see. And this is the first time in 2 years that the Rebels have started to destroy teams again. The Vikings were the dominant force in the last 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

Ah, we won the league for the past two years, although not the Bowl. The difference this year is that Cork and Belfast appear to be a lot weaker. UL are still a force to be reckoned with. It means there are two 'dominant' teams, rather than three or four, which was the case for the past couple of seasons. Although, the Knights look to be gaining serious momentum heading into the playoffs and the Saints are always knocking on the door.

I expected UL to beat Cork by more than 3 points, based on playing both teams this year. If Cork get back to last season's level, it could get very interesting this year!

Lothaar wrote: »
    Ah, we won the league for the past two years, although not the Bowl. The difference this year is that Cork and Belfast appear to be a lot weaker. UL are still a force to be reckoned with. It means there are two 'dominant' teams, rather than three or four, which was the case for the past couple of seasons. Although, the Knights look to be gaining serious momentum heading into the playoffs and the Saints are always knocking on the door.

I expected UL to beat Cork by more than 3 points, based on playing both teams this year. If Cork get back to last season's level, it could get very interesting this year!

Back end of the season I always find is the best part. The playoffs for the last few years have been class.

It's tense, if Knights beat Trojans which looks likely then they're in and it's us or Cork for last spot so our games against them are key. First installment this sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

I understand all that but look at new teams entering the league they are never competitve! The Outlaws came along and were brushed aside by all teams then went into extincition, look at the Rhinos now, those guys cant get a W for love nor money and i wouldnt be surprised to see them fold next season.

I understand all that but look at new teams entering the league they are never competitve! The Outlaws came along and were brushed aside by all teams then went into extincition, look at the Rhinos now, those guys cant get a W for love nor money and i wouldnt be surprised to see them fold next season.

You havent a clue what you are talking about to be honest.

Outlaws folded due to lack of numbers hence why as a rookie team they were demolished by other teams and only ever had 6 guys with more than a years experience. And the Rhinos have alot of rookies on the team and are playing against teams like the Rebels, Cork, Knights, Vikings, and now DCU who have been around for awhile and have experience and established themselves. All of the above teams correct me if im wrong Lothar had losing seasons bar the Rebels at some point. Its not easy for new teams to get experienced players and therefore take on experience and get their asses whooped. Hence now why the DV8s is around to give these new teams some experience at their own level. Had the Outlaws had something like the 8's when they started they might still be around.

So before you comment on something you know nothing about why dont you find out before speaking. Unless a new team starts with a team full of experience they will experience the same faith if they were put in the 11s.

They won't fold, they're moving their base and that will help. The DV8s was brought in to help new teams to grow so the days of teams getting hammered are mainly over. Rhinos were well beaten Sunday but they gave us really good games and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull off a win by season end - they play hard, just lack numbers. We shipped some hammerings in our time and will do so again and Rebels this year have been regularly scoring in the 40s.
    The league is changing and teams have to adapt, UL set a new standard in training last couple of years, three times a week and lifting together as well. Rebels are at that standard too obviously but don't train as much afaik. I think we're the only team that's one day a week and we're changing that next year.
    The standard has dropped a bit this year but I think next year it will increase again, as it has been generally. Teams need to retain players for long-term and that's the hardest thing. Jobs, cost and injuries add up. we've lost guys because they couldn't play anymore on medical advice for example. As for the DV8s, Trinity and Craigavon will be competitive if they step up to 11s and I suspect UCD will be too.
    Tallaght, relax, from the outside it does look that way a bit!!

Sunday 31st May 2009 - 2pm

DCU Saints 0-52 Cork Admirals

CIT Stadium. Cork

Univ Limerick Vikings 17-14 Carrickfergus Knights

Woodburn Road, Carrickfergus.

Sunday 7th June 2009 - 2pm

Dublin Rebels 56-6 Belfast Trojans

Malone Road, Belfast

Sunday 14th June 2009 - 2pm

Univ. Limerick Vikings 45-0 Cork Admirals