Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling my credit card, will I get double hit with Card Levy?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭

I have an AIB credit card that I don't use, and was going to cancel it, but one thing that worries me is if I cancel it today will I get hit double with the 30euro card levy? Or should it only be once.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You pay it once a year, for each card. If you haven't paid this years tax yet, then it'll be payable on cancellation. I believe that it's normally charged at the end of March each year. If you let it go beyond March, then you'd have to pay next years too, if you cancel in April for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

jor el wrote: »
    You pay it once a year, for each card. If you haven't paid this years tax yet, then it'll be payable on cancellation. I believe that it's normally charged at the end of March each year. If you let it go beyond March, then you'd have to pay next years too, if you cancel in April for example.

thanks I rang AIB card services and cancelled the card as of today so will only get hit with the levy once. They will send me a closing statement next month which will show the levy to be paid and that should be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement