Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ping Problems

• 25-03-2009 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi Folks

Have a quick question about ping problems and would appreciate any help...

i have the 20 meg broadband from upc and previously had the 8 meg from eircom. With both services i have ping in the region of 300 to 400 on my main pc but on the ps3(wired) or netbook (wireless) the ping is never above 80

my pc is about 3 years old and running vista with avgfree security program. when running speedtests i get 20 meg upload and 1.5 meg download but the ping is still incredibly high... can anyone shed some light as to why this is the case on the wired main pc and both netbook and ps3 are perfect.

thanks in advance.

denny

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dennymac

ahem

Bump

Ahem :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Very strange alright. What are you pinging. Is it an external IP or an internal IP. Have you tried a tracert to see where abouts its getting held up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dennymac

done the test on speedtest.net on a server in dublin.

how do i run a tracer on a ping test good sir?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

click start, in xp go to run and type cmd, with vista just type it in the search bar and hit enter, the type tracert www.boards.ie
    ya can try it with any website

Advertisement