Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty banknote

Options
  • 25-03-2009 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

I was given a banknote with a large part of one corner ripped off (prob 10-15% of its surface); BTW it was at Connolly Station buying train tickets and the bank note was hidden between other two so I'm inclined to believe it was deliberate :> Anyway, can I have it exchanged anywhere? It's only €5 BTW.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Your bank should change it for you, if not, I believe the Central Bank should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

The quality of notes, especially €5 notes, is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

yes 5 and 10 notes really are bad, wish we had notes like they do in austrailia.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

A shop will probably take it. They take faulty notes to the bank all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

dh0661 wrote: »

If people actually took care of them they'd last a lot longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Gillo wrote: »
    If people actually took care of them they'd last a lot longer.

Another few months perhaps, they'll still terrible quality.
    I don't understand why the EU didn't opt for polymer banknotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

there was never anything wrong with the old pound notes and you always felt like you had loads of money in your wallet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Wow interesting range of countries that have polymer notes, Romania was the first country in Europe to make them!

This looks like a missed opportunity. It's only when you keep seeing really good fake Euro notes that you realise how easy the security features were to copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

dh0661 wrote: »

How many bars has it been passed across for a wee pint of guiness?

Edit: The reason why the quality of notes are better in other countries because they pay for their beer in pubs like a tab, all at the end and handed to the waitor. Over here the bars are soaked with spilt drinks and the notes are getting the abuse.

Advertisement