Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database Wiped!

Options
  • 25-03-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

After working on my site for a solid number of hours last night, having taken a backup of the DB at 13:35 yesterday and finishing work on my site at about half one this morning, off to sleep I went. Woke up at about 7 and I went about adding a sitemap following this guide. The sitemap seemed to take a full scan of over 200 files, then I uploaded them to my filemanager and whatever happened next I haven't a clue, but the DB got wiped and my site was blank other than the shell of it (header/footer etc). All content gone!

Luckily I took a backup at 13:35 yesterday so was able to restore it to that point, unlucky as I am, I didn't take one after working on it for hours last night.

There is no trace of it anywhere according to technical support so I'm just wondering, has anyone any ideas where I could get any cache of my site that was taken between 01:00 and 07:00 this morning? I was actually only working on page titles/descriptions/keywords, the type of info search engine spiders look for. If I could get these somehow it would be great as this was the bulk of the work I was doing last night and that has been lost.

If anyone reading visited vantasks between 01:00 and 07:00 this morning, I'd appreciate any help with getting me pages stored on your computer :o

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Anyone have any clues? :) Any spiders I could track down and get my page titles and descriptions back off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

cormie wrote: »
    Anyone have any clues? :) Any spiders I could track down and get my page titles and descriptions back off :pac:

Had this happen to me once, a long time ago.

I did not have the administration section of the site password protected, the spider got in there and followed all the links =(

delete.php?id=1
    delete.php?id=2

etc.

Edit: also try googling
    cache:http://url.com

You never know, you might get lucky (unlikely though)

Advertisement