Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opera mini caching pages

• 25-03-2009 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm using a nokia n95 8GB on vodafone isp access point.

I'm using the latest version of opera mini downloaded a couple of days ago.

When browsing things like forums pages seem to cache. Basically i look at the mobiles forum and there's a new thread with no posts. I post in it. I click on the mobiles forum link again and it's still showing no replys even though mine is there.

I'm clicking links and not using the back button in the browser.

I have the manually reload the page each time to fix this.

Is this just a common problem we have to accept with opera mini?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Random wrote: »
    I'm using a nokia n95 8GB on vodafone isp access point.

I'm using the latest version of opera mini downloaded a couple of days ago.

When browsing things like forums pages seem to cache. Basically i look at the mobiles forum and there's a new thread with no posts. I post in it. I click on the mobiles forum link again and it's still showing no replys even though mine is there.

I'm clicking links and not using the back button in the browser.

I have the manually reload the page each time to fix this.

Is this just a common problem we have to accept with opera mini?

Thanks
    nah...
    that is not normal.
    Clean the cookies in 'settings', and ah... no idea what else to do!
    Have you tried an older version (3.1 is very stable, both official, and the russian mod)?
    My treo pro doesn't like 4.02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've cleared cookies numerous times.

I've reinstalled also.

I've not tried an earlier version but i remember having the problem on an older version before. I've not used opera mini in a while though and only starting to use it again now this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

weird - I use om a LOT, and I used to own an N95. never had any issues - and right now I'm 'here' via om on my Treo Pro. No probs!
    not sure if boards can delete cookies they store? or is it on other forum's happening as well? or with email accounts? you should try that - I used to have similar probs on ixplora.com, but they have a cookie button hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

I am posting this. On a blackbery storm, on vodafone ISP, using Opera mini and have no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Opera Mini uses a caching proxy, perhaps the problem lies there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've noticed a problem with om that sometimes when I click links it seems to be downloading the new page but all that happens is the current page reloads and I have to click the link 5 or 6 times before the page will change. Maybe related?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If the problem is on om's proxy server then there's not much you can do about it except get them to change their server settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i've noticed a problem with om that sometimes when I click links it seems to be downloading the new page but all that happens is the current page reloads and I have to click the link 5 or 6 times before the page will change. Maybe related?

Same as that - posted a thread about it a while back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I thought it had been mentioned before but at the time I was posting off my mobile so couldn't look around much.

Glad I'm not the only one with the problem though !

Advertisement