Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6100 - nearest current equivalent?

• 25-03-2009 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

A relative has been dragging around a 6100 for years now, and its finally starting to show signs of age.

So, they're looking for a replacement, they want something about as basic as possible (technophobia) but would like a camera as well.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm not as up on phones as i used to be.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

xanthor wrote: »
    A relative has been dragging around a 6100 for years now, and its finally starting to show signs of age.

So, they're looking for a replacement, they want something about as basic as possible (technophobia) but would like a camera as well.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm not as up on phones as i used to be.
    Thanks
    You should have a look at the Nokia 3120 Classic. It is basic and has a camera. If your relative wishes to have a better camera, then the price and feature-set will rise accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,251 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

+1 for the 3120 classic,

nice and simple to use, old folks seem to like it, nice big numbers, clear screen and a camera...just turn off the active standby when you set it up for them...seems to confuse anyone who hasn't used it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

you can get a refurbished Noka 6100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Nokia 2630 is nice and slimline like it. Buttons maybe a little closer together than the 3110 classic though.

Advertisement