Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with final cut pro

Options
  • 25-03-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

i just got final cut pro 5 2 days ago and i cant the software to see my camera. i have already dumped a load of video onto imovie with no hassle. when i go to log and capture it doesnt see my camera. im am using straight firewire cable and i have the camera set to vcr mode. any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Have you gone in to preferences and selected and easy set up or modified an existing set-up for your camera?

Have you tried both firewire and firewire basic as the transport control?

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

whats the model and format of your camera?? mini dv??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smowzy

its a sony z1, mini dv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

Smowzy wrote: »
    its a sony z1, mini dv

stumped mate, usually it just finds it for me.....avid on the other hand is temperamental. are you seeing pictures at all?? try having it off, then hooking it up, it might be having trouble when in vcr mode because the camera has deck control at that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

meep wrote: »
    Have you gone in to preferences and selected and easy set up or modified an existing set-up for your camera?

This should fix it, I had the same problem with a Sony A1E.

Go to the apple website and there are a few tutorial video on there to show you what to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Dodser

I've had similar problems importing from a Canon XM1 (also mini DV). Whatever it is with imovies there's never a problem.
    I restart the application and it works.

Advertisement