Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good recipes for scallops and sea bass?

• 25-03-2009 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi cooking for OH later and she is a big fish fan so I shelled out €25 for scallops and seabass. Just wondering if there is a nice sauce I could cook up with limited cooking ability?
    Was considering scallops with a bit of garlic butter as starters.
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

my favourite scallop starter.

Make a really fine julienne of, ginger, spring onion, garlic and chili.
    Stirfry this for about a minute with a little sesame oil and a dash of soy and dry sherry.
    Place a little pile of this stirfry in the middle of the plate and arrange the scallops around which have been sliced in half, seasoned with salt and pepper and fried in butter and oil until just done (about 1 1/2 min).
    A little squeeze of lime juice over each scallop finishes this very simple but really flavoursome dish.

Seabass

If whole;
    slash the sides of the fish and insert slices of lemon and some fresh thyme.
    Put in an oven dish, dot with some butter, season and pour a glug of white wine in the bottom of the dish.
    Roast in a hot oven for about 20 mins

If fillets;
    http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/511712

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

great thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

raw scallops are the best ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Not sure it is too late but scallops served with black pudding, bacon bits and pea/mint puree is to die for!

Sea bass is such a great fish, it works well with everything. I do a really nice sea bass stuff with red thai curry paste and coriander, and then its cooked in the oven with coconut milk and mangos! Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

^^

Scallops with black pudding is the biss!

I like Sea Bass fillets pan fried with some tarragon. Nice contrast to the Sea Bass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Blacktulip

well, you can aslo cook the scalopps in this way:

after cleaned very well with fresh water, mix all together the follow ingredients:bread crumbs, smashed garlic,pepper,a bit of parsley,oil and same spoons of fish' broth or vegs, dipending of your taste. Then, when everything is mixed good and it began a cremy put the scalopps in a taking pan and cover them with that cremy and just spill some oil on them and put the pan in the oven for 10 min on 200°C. when you see the scalopps becoming baked on the top you can take them off from the oven. click on the ink for the image :)

http://www.buttalapasta.it/img/capesante-08.jpg

for the seabass, i would cook it with potatoes and garlic.

Advertisement