Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card problem.

Options
  • 25-03-2009 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Hello ,got some bother with a credit card I use to own and not sure where I stand.

Bascially ,I was using MBNA cards from around 2007-2008. I ticked the box for insurance on application for the card.

When the literature came ,I decided I wouldn't opt for the policy and thought no more about it.
    Regardless of this ,they charge me on the basis of me clicking the option online ,so I decided to let it slide.

I rang them last year to tell them that I no longer had the card(lost) ,that they had originally covered me on ,so I presumed they would cancel the policy.

They didn't and I've not been with MBNA since november last year ,I paid off the card.

Considering the accounts closed ,I thought I could finally forget about MBNA. But today I get a statement from MBNA for another annual insurance fee ????

How can a company allow a closed credit card ,be charged by an insurance company,when I don't even have credit cards with them anymore ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

AFAIK the insurance is usually provided by another party and sold through the cc company with the new card, so its a bit confusing alright.

Just ring them and cancel it, stating that the account no longer exists.

Advertisement